Adoption

Not sure how to move forward...

Okay so in my case the boys are already here, and I'm not really sure how to move forward with getting to know the PAPs... Do I take the boys with me if I go meet them? Or do I keep the boys away so they don't get attached, or what? I am so confused on how to move forward. I'm meeting with my agency in two weeks about where we're going from here and they said on the phone that it's my choice when to let the PAPs meet the boys.

Just kinda venting a bit, little bit looking for opinions/adivce....  My boys are sleeping right now, and I'm about to go sleep. Hope everyone's doing good. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not sure how to move forward...

• I'm not adopting domestically, so, you know, but I think I wouldn't take them. The PAPs will be doing their darndest not to get their hopes too up, and little babies! Even though I'd really want to meet them, I think I would fall in love despite myself, you know?

fwiw... So glad y'all are doing well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • How are you feeling about things? Are you still on the fence about placing vs. parenting? I think that initially it might be best to meet PAPs by yourself first either way. Have you spoken with your agency? Do they have any recommendations?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hope you are feeling well!

I would give it the two weeks and see how you're feeling.  If at that point, you feel like you need to see the babies with the PAP, then go ahead and take them.  That might help you make a decision either way.  I know my son's birth mom needed to see me in "Mom Mode" before she could make a final decision. 

You are kind to be sensitive to their emotions, too.   This isn't easy for anyone, but I respect how well you are handling the situation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • imagekmkaull2:

Hope you are feeling well!

I would give it the two weeks and see how you're feeling.  If at that point, you feel like you need to see the babies with the PAP, then go ahead and take them.  That might help you make a decision either way.  I know my son's birth mom needed to see me in "Mom Mode" before she could make a final decision. 

You are kind to be sensitive to their emotions, too.   This isn't easy for anyone, but I respect how well you are handling the situation. 

I was planning to wait the two weeks before doing anything, the next few weeks it's gonna be just me and the boys. Right now I'm pretty sure about placement, I'll see how I feel when I get them home.

The agency said that usually the APs just meet their baby once or twice before placement (If the placement is after the baby is born) but that I could do whatever I'm comfortable with. 

My mom would watch them any time after she gets back from her vacation, but tbh It'd probably be easier to bring them because I'm breastfeeding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You're breastfeeding! Awesome! Giving them some of that colostrum! :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Honestly, I would do whatever is easiest for you logistically and emotionally.  I really think there isn't a "right" answer to this question, which probably makes it even harder.  

I'm so glad to hear that you and the boys are doing well!  I have loved following your story since I haven't prior had a glimpse into an EM's world as things are happening.  Thank you so much for sharing this side of the triad which is so important for people to be cognizant of. 

• greentree, I just wanted to say that I am happy that you and the boys are well, and I'm glad to see that you are still taking care of yourself and making sure that you make the right choice for your entire family.  I know your path is not a conventional one, but you are making it your own with splendor and brilliant style.  I admire you for being so brave and big-hearted.  May all God's best come your way, and may those boys of yours always know just how much you love them!
  • imageCaptainSerious:
    greentree, I just wanted to say that I am happy that you and the boys are well, and I'm glad to see that you are still taking care of yourself and making sure that you make the right choice for your entire family.  I know your path is not a conventional one, but you are making it your own with splendor and brilliant style.  I admire you for being so brave and big-hearted.  May all God's best come your way, and may those boys of yours always know just how much you love them!

Could not have said it better myself.  Sending you and the boys ((((HUGS)))).  

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• imageIRR:

imageCaptainSerious:
    greentree, I just wanted to say that I am happy that you and the boys are well, and I'm glad to see that you are still taking care of yourself and making sure that you make the right choice for your entire family.  I know your path is not a conventional one, but you are making it your own with splendor and brilliant style.  I admire you for being so brave and big-hearted.  May all God's best come your way, and may those boys of yours always know just how much you love them!

Could not have said it better myself.  Sending you and the boys ((((HUGS)))).  

I agree, so glad to see you are doing well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"