May 2013 Moms

Dizzy and light headed all day

I was up early this morning (5am) due to aches and pains stopping me from getting back to sleep.  All day I have been suffering from dizzyness and feeling vaguely light headed. I have had the occasional dizzy spell and case of light headedness but not for an entire day.  Has anyone else gone through this?

I have been drinking water and, aside from taking the dogs to the dog park early this moring to avoid the heat, I have not done anything else outside.  I found that I need to sit just to stop the room from spinning sometimes.  Is there anything esle I should be doing - elevating my feet above my head or something? Its actually more annoying than distrubing. 

IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Dizzy and light headed all day

• I have this everyday, especially in the shower or when at the store where I just need to sit before I pass out, I found out my blood sugar was really low and my glucose was at 65 so usually I just need some sugar and that will help a little. Are you have Braxton hicks? I seem to have them pretty often and get the faint/dizzy feeling with those as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrsthomas3311:
    I have this everyday, especially in the shower or when at the store where I just need to sit before I pass out, I found out my blood sugar was really low and my glucose was at 65 so usually I just need some sugar and that will help a little. Are you have Braxton hicks? I seem to have them pretty often and get the faint/dizzy feeling with those as well.

I haven't had my glucose tested yet so you could be right!! I have only had two very strong Braxton Hicks contractions a few days ago but normally I will have one mild one at night before going to bed almost every night.  Thats a really good point though and I will see how I feel tonight.  Thanks! 

IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you been tested for anemia?  I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded and ended up being anemic. We are all well enough into our pregnancies would could be developing the deficiency as baby grows. A simple CBC at the OB's office would give you your answer. I have an Rx for Iron supplements but they sell some OTC as well, just beware of constipation.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• imageRachel Goldstein:
    Have you been tested for anemia?  I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded and ended up being anemic. We are all well enough into our pregnancies would could be developing the deficiency as baby grows. A simple CBC at the OB's office would give you your answer. I have an Rx for Iron supplements but they sell some OTC as well, just beware of constipation.

Thats a really good point.  I was slightly anemic before getting pregnant, but not in my last blood test a month and a half ago.  I have been eating more red meat since however this dizzyness is puzzling and who knows, it could be attributed to low iron. I am going in on Monday or Tuesday for my blood tests and glucose test. 

• It could also be a blood pressure issue so I would make sure to monitor that.

Or it could be normal pregnancy invading your body.  Make sure to check with your MW/OB if you are concerned.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't had the dizziness all day, but I have had some dizzy spells.  I had one this morning while at the doctor's office getting my blood pressure taken (good timing body).  My blood pressure was 60/40 so I got some validation that it wasn't just in my head. 

My midwife thought that I might have low blood sugar.  This morning I went in for my GD test and her theory is that once all the sugar in that drink had gone through my system I crashed.  Once the results from the test come back we'll know for sure if that is the cause. 

She suggested that I eat small, healthy meals/snacks throughout the day, avoiding eating anything super sugary, and drink lots of water to try and avoid feeling dizzy.  They are also testing my blood for low iron as that could contribute to feeling dizzy too.

When I was feeling dizzy they gave me cold water, had me lie down, put a cold, wet wash cloth on my head, and gave me crackers to eat.  I felt better after a few minutes.  Blood pressure was back up to 109/50 by the time I went home.  I was still feeling a bit lightheaded for a few hours after that, but I made sure to eat and drink and have been in bed since then (I work from home, so laptop in bed = work).  The other times I have felt dizzy sitting down and drinking water has helped.

Everyone's body is different, so make sure to bring it up with your doctor at your next appointment. Your reasons for being dizzy could be completely different than mine. But eating healthy small meals/snacks and drinking lots of water can't hurt.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"