Trying to Get Pregnant

BBT Question

Hello everyone Smile I just have a quick question. I have been looking at purchasing a basal body thermometer but am not sure which one to purchase. I know Walgreens & CVS have a few, but none of them received great reviews. I am wondering what brands to you recommend? I would like one that is either quiet or doesn't beep; I wake up an hour and a half earlier than DH and don't want to bother him while he is trying to sleep. I have seen some BBT's on Amazon.com, would you recommend purchasing one from there? Thanks in advance!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: BBT Question

• The Mabis from Walmart is good. It beeps but it's not loud.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imagesueann911:
    The Mabis from Walmart is good. It beeps but it's not loud.

Good to know! I saw that one, but wasn't familiar with the brand. Thank you!

PS: I love Duck Dynasty & your siggy!! Can't wait for the new season!

• Loading the player...
  • I use a nexcare from Amazon, but most people here use the mabis from Walmart I think. The one from Amazon also beeps and it only goes one place after the decimal.
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • The Mabis seems to be a popular brand.  I have the digital from early-pregnancy-tests.com.  That website also has a mercury free glass BBT thermometer.  I do not know if there is such a thing as a digital BBT thermometer that doesn't beep.
  • imageKrikin22:
    I use a nexcare from Amazon, but most people here use the mabis from Walmart I think. The one from Amazon also beeps and it only goes one place after the decimal.

I read somewhere that the more accurate BBT's go to the hundreds place after the decimal for example: 98.42. Is this true or does it matter? 

• imagelittlehottmess55:

imageKrikin22:
    I use a nexcare from Amazon, but most people here use the mabis from Walmart I think. The one from Amazon also beeps and it only goes one place after the decimal.

I read somewhere that the more accurate BBT's go to the hundreds place after the decimal for example: 98.42. Is this true or does it matter? 

I've still been able to see a temp shift with out it, but I would go with a hundreds place one if I had the option. I didn't realize the one I ordered didn't have that and didn't really feel like buying a new one.

Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I bought mine at target. It's their target brand "up and up" I think. I haven't been using it long, but I like it. It goes to two decimal places and has memory recall for those early mornings when you can't quite remember what you saw.
  • imagelittlehottmess55:

imageKrikin22:

More precise but no more accurate. I've never had trouble determining O with one that goes to 0.1 instead of 0.01.

I have the BD basal, which I got from Amazon.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I have the CVS brand with last temp recall. I love it. I have been using it since June with no issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrbatesisinnocent:
    I bought mine at target. It's their target brand "up and up" I think. I haven't been using it long, but I like it. It goes to two decimal places and has memory recall for those early mornings when you can't quite remember what you saw.

Does it repeat the same temps over and over?  I bought this one as well, but saw that many people were getting the same temps multiple times. I was going to go out and get the CVS one because of that. 

Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I bought the Mabis from Amazon.  Like others said, it beeps, but not that loud.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had the Target one first and it did repeat temps, but I could still see a clear shift. When that died, I decided to try the Mabis. I didn't like it because it took a long time to read my temp and it beeped a lot. Now I have the CVS brand and it's my favorite of the three. It's quiet, only beeps four times, and I like the temp recall.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• imagekiki1978:

imageMrbatesisinnocent:
    I bought mine at target. It's their target brand "up and up" I think. I haven't been using it long, but I like it. It goes to two decimal places and has memory recall for those early mornings when you can't quite remember what you saw.

Does it repeat the same temps over and over?  I bought this one as well, but saw that many people were getting the same temps multiple times. I was going to go out and get the CVS one because of that. 

Haven't had that happen yet, however I just started temping in January so I'll have to update you a little further down the road...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"