Maryland Babies

Sibling rivalry

Sydney is going through some serious sibling rivalry/jealousy issues recently. It's funny because I have tried to avoid all of this by asking her to go here or there with me, just the two of us, and she always says no, she wants to stay home with Violet.

She's such a laid back kid and always adjusts so well to everything, so I'm just surprised that she's acting out now, after 4 months of having a new sibling. 

Also, her teacher thinks she is not being challenged in the 2s room, so we are discussing moving her up to the 3s (my girl is smart!!), which would alleviate some of the acting out at school hopefully.

Other than spending one on one time with her and giving her extra attention/love, does anyone have any suggestions for how to transition her through this easily? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sibling rivalry

• Do you have her help with Violet whenever she can?  We have John help change her diaper, have him get it, open it, then I have him help with the tabs.  C doesn't really have bottles at home, but the few times DH gives her one he have him help hold it.  Basically anything he can handle doing we have him help withm putting blanket on her in her car seat, snapping the car seat pieces together.  We even have him help burp and calm her down.  We also have him "show" her how to do things like "show C how to put on pants, you are going to have to be a good big brother and help her learn."  I don't know if this has helped, but he really doesn't have much jealousy, a spot here or there, but not much at all.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks M! She has had a few good days this week, and things are going much better even since this past weekend. She's spent a lot of time in the three year old room and comes home in a great mood, plus I have had her helping me with Violet more.

So fingers crossed that this keeps up.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"