August 2013 Moms

Cheese?!

I'm confused on what's allowed and what's not? Can anyone provide some insightespecially on the "nono" list?? Thanks!!!!!

Re: Cheese?!

• unpasteurized cheese is a no no.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Unpasteurized... Examples: goat chz, feta, gorgonzola, brie...those are the ones I'm staying away from. I'm sure other girls will list more but these pertain to most. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking. Most of those cheeses you listed are pasteurized. Is actually hard cheeses that are more likely to be raw milk here in the states. It is illegal to sell raw milk cheese that has been aged for fewer than 60 days.  Just FYI. Eat your Brie!

a former cheese monger 

BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also have to say that a lot of cheese that people say you can't have, I have found to be pastuerized as well. Just check the label and it will tell you whether it is or isn't.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Soft, unpasteurized cheeses. Unsure? Read the label. Many goat and feta cheese are pasteurized now. I know for a fact that my favorite mozz is not pasteurized so it is a sacrifice for me!

Also if you are out to eat and are unsure, you can always ask your server! 

• I have just been reading the labels. I have found most are pasteurized.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Most cheese in the US is pastuerized.  Unless you are shopping at specialty gourmet shops, you don't have anything to worry about.  Just look at the label.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Unpasteurized cheese is now hard to find in grocery stores.  I think it was in 2004 where the law was passed that no cheese can be sold in stores, or imported, that were unpasteurized.  If you get your cheese from a farm, then you need to ask and check labels (if they have them).  Even though my doctor told me i'd be safe at grocery stores, I still check labels.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you ladies!!! Very helpful :
  • Thank you ladies!!! Very helpful!
  • imageKQuinonez:
    I also have to say that a lot of cheese that people say you can't have, I have found to be pastuerized as well. Just check the label and it will tell you whether it is or isn't.

The vast, vast, vast majority of all cheeses, including soft cheeses sold in this country are pasteurized.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm eating feta cheese right now, and it's bangin! Mmmmm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"