May 2013 Moms
Options

WWYD

Hi guys, I have a situation I'm young, I'm 21 and going to be having first child my mother and I haven't gotten along since my teenage years. she doesn't want me pregnant right now so you can only imagine how my life is right now. About me, I'm a junior in college nursing program, and boyfriend of 3 years. So I was wondering what your takes were on my situation, my mom doesnt want me to live with my boyfriend she doesn't think he needs to be there she said the baby won't remember I'm not listening to her but I can't think of what to argue besides the fact that he just needs to be there. My and my boyfriend are very happy together and I don't think that I should deprive him of being in his daughters life from day one just because my mom thinks our relationship might fail. Nothing in life is guaranteed and I don't think my mom is being realistic we bump heads on my moving out all the time and each time she tries to bash my bf, he hasn't done anything wrong in her eyes so her animosity is only coming from the fact she doesn't like that someone impregnanted her daughter. Also him living me with me is not an option.

Re: WWYD

• Options

imagemorgannkris:
    Hi guys, I have a situation I'm young, I'm 21 and going to be having first child my mother and I haven't gotten along since my teenage years. she doesn't want me pregnant right now so you can only imagine how my life is right now. About me, I'm a junior in college nursing program, and boyfriend of 3 years. So I was wondering what your takes were on my situation, my mom doesnt want me to live with my boyfriend she doesn't think he needs to be there she said the baby won't remember I'm not listening to her but I can't think of what to argue besides the fact that he just needs to be there. My and my boyfriend are very happy together and I don't think that I should deprive him of being in his daughters life from day one just because my mom thinks our relationship might fail. Nothing in life is guaranteed and I don't think my mom is being realistic we bump heads on my moving out all the time and each time she tries to bash my bf, he hasn't done anything wrong in her eyes so her animosity is only coming from the fact she doesn't like that someone impregnanted her daughter. Also him living me with me is not an option.

You're 21.  If you want to move out with your BF to raise your child, then you're an adult and can do that. 

• Options
    Unless your mother is supporting you financially, then its solely your decision to make.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you and your boyfriend are happy together, then your mother's input should not have any effect on the relationship.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Had the same situation with my mom when I got pregnant. But I'm 24 and already graduated from college. Lol. It was a little ridiculous, she hung up on me and didn't talk to me for weeks when I told her about my pregnancy. I finally just flat out told her, I was starting my own life and family with him and she could join us if she wanted to, whenever she felt ready. She got over it pretty quick after that. Sometimes they are blinded by overprotection that they oversee good outcomes. Hope things get better soon!

• Options
    He needs to be there, your mom is ridiculous to think that he doesn't.  You've been together for 3 years, it wasn't a one-time fling,  you're an adult and you just need to do what you feel is best.
  • Options
    Yeah, if you're going to be an adult and have sex and a baby then you should act like one and start your own life. It doesn't matter what your mom thinks, it's his baby, too, and he should be there.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    I think if he wants to be there and you want him there and you are financially independent, go for it.
  • Options
    imageShantxtell:
    Do you live with your Mom?

Yeah I do, but I basically pay rent and I work and go to school so I'm hardly home.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, sometimes I feel like I need my moms approval for everything and it holds me back. It's just reassuring to know I'm not insane for making the decisions I have made.
  • Options
    You're an adult and you can make your own decisions. I think keeping your partner from the birth is a mistake in my opinion. This is his child as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You're a grown up and are having a child so I don't think what your mom feels about it matters much. Tell her you're moving out and starting your family and you hope she can support you and be a part of her grandchilds life.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:
    Yeah, if you're going to be an adult and have sex and a baby then you should act like one and start your own life. It doesn't matter what your mom thinks, it's his baby, too, and he should be there.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"