December 2010 Moms
Options

I bought a doll house

I didn't get G any new toys for Xmas, and as I said in a prior post, she's so bored with the toys she already has. I splurged on a used Dora doll house on CraigsList and she LOVES it. It's not very large, and is plastic, but came with lots of figures and furniture, so there's lots to do. It's the first thing she wants to do in the morning and when she comes home from daycare. It's only week one, but I think we'll get some good mileage out of this particular toy. Score! There's no point to this post other than I'm so happy to have made a good purchase and found a toy that occupies her attention for more than 5 minutes.

Re: I bought a doll house

• Options

Awesome! My mom got LO a fisher price loving family dollhouse for xmas and so I had other family members get her accessory kits. She really liked it for a few weeks but once I moved it to her room she played with it less (she has to be with mommy and daddy at all times!). I think I will move it back out to the main area soon - plus it's definitely a toy she will play with more as she gets older!  

Anyway, glad she likes it!

• Options
    That's great!  It's really nice when they enjoy it for longer than a second.  And I totally get you on the 5 minute attention span.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cool!  I need to get something like that for G.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

Congrats on the great purchase! I was so happy when DS got stuff for his birthday and Christmas. We got him some trains that we keep in the basement and he's always "go downstairs? play trains?" 

DS does always want to be around me and/or DH but one good thing about him is that he can play for a single toy for a a while. In fact, as I posted a few weeks ago, our problem is transitioning = moving away from whatever he's doing. Also, over time he has not tired of toys. He still loves the same trucks he's been playing with since this last spring. We've gone to some people's houses and have been astonished with how many toys their kids have (esp for kids who attend daycare; imho those kids, DS included, don't need as much stuff because they're not around as much.) But now that I realize our son is more willing to stick with a toy for a while I can see how other kids have a lot more toys!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"