Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Getting poop stains out?

I've been using Shout Advanced spot removing gel and it works really well for stains from my daughter and husband but it's been lacking in fully getting poop stains out from my son.  Do you ladies have any recommendations for spot removers that work well for poop?  Thanks in advance!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Getting poop stains out?

• Options
    I use Baby Oxy Clean spray.  I've bought it att Babies R Us.  I love it, it seems to get everything out!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Totally Toddler is AMAZING. Gets poop, formula, sweet potato puree, everything out of clothes!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use a stain stick and it gets EVERYTHING out. (Poop, blueberries off white shirts, etc.)

https://www.littlemonkeystore.com/assets/images/buncha_farmers_stain_stick.jpg

But like a PP said, put it out in the sun and that should help as well.  

• Options

imageeb1113:
    I use Baby Oxy Clean spray.  I've bought it att Babies R Us.  I love it, it seems to get everything out!!

Me too!

-LJ
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use plain old soap and water and scrub the stain out, which has worked pretty well, but sometimes I do use the shout advanced as well. Putting it in the sun should also help.
  • Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:

LOL the first thing that I thought of is that you have to use stain remover to get your husbands poop stains out (although, I'm sure you're talking in general stain removal terms)! 

To answer your questions -- I also use shout, and it works pretty well.  With the kid stuff, if the stains don't come out, i usually toss them (i figure they outgrow them so quickly, and its part of the territory?)  interested to see what others say

I thought the same thing at first! :P But I do second the Oxyclean motion. I've also had good luck with Borax.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSamiandEric913:
    imageuconnhuskie007:

LOL the first thing that I thought of is that you have to use stain remover to get your husbands poop stains out (although, I'm sure you're talking in general stain removal terms)! 

To answer your questions -- I also use shout, and it works pretty well.  With the kid stuff, if the stains don't come out, i usually toss them (i figure they outgrow them so quickly, and its part of the territory?)  interested to see what others say

I thought the same thing at first! :P But I do second the Oxyclean motion. I've also had good luck with Borax.

I have been using Borax, it lessens the stains, however still have some noticable staining on whites from major poop blowouts .. am BFing for the most part.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    my mil always swore by yellow soap...and it works great! just rub the wet bar of yellow soap onto the stain throw in wash and its out! even after letting the poop dry fast for a week...I hate doing laundry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"