Babies: 0 - 3 Months

LO will NOT sleep flat or in crib/PnP

LO is three weeks old. She will NOT sleep flat. The only way she'll sleep is in a layette (at an incline) that vibrates, or her swing or on my chest or on her boppy with a blanket over it so she doesn't fall through.

I keep trying to put her down in either her pack n play or her crib so that the transition won't be as hard. I wait until she's good and asleep to transition her to either one too but she still wakes up.

My intuition says this is a phase and that she is just having a hard time adjusting to the outside world and feels more cozy in a more enclosed sleep environment

She doesn't like swaddling (she grunts and fusses and kicks when swaddled) so I just put a blanket around her middle mainly for warmth.

Should I just keep trying? Anyone think this is something she'll outgrow?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO will NOT sleep flat or in crib/PnP

• have you tried rolling up a blanket and putting it under one end of the crib mattress to make it a slight incline?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs&Dr2b:
    have you tried rolling up a blanket and putting it under one end of the crib mattress to make it a slight incline?

Yep, this. And if you're comfortable with it, you can also roll up some receiving blankets and place them under the sheet to make a "U" shape to nestle LO in. We do this with DS and he sleeps really well in his crib now. He likes the bottom of the U shape under his knees right below his butt, just like where our arm would be when we hold him.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Could she be having an issue with acid reflux? I would think that if she is, it would be very uncomfortable to lay down flat. notice any excessive spitting up?

otherwise, IDK if it's something she'll outgrow.
    good luck! 

• DD did that until we started her on Zantac.  After about a week, she would sleep in the PNP and not the bouncer anymore.  Shes was about 4 weeks at that time.

I would see if there are any other signs of reflux or ask the pedi about it.  Mine was pretty laid back about the zantac.  But its really helped her a lot.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"