1st Trimester
Options

Success With Preseed?

Hey ladies,

This isn't usually my board because I'm TTTC. But I was just wondering if any of you had success using Preseed?

And if you did, did you insert it like they suggest or simply use it as a topical lubricant?

Thanks! And congrats to all you ladies!

Male infertility issues (husband had poor SA), combined with former cervical cancer and subsequent treatment which has resulted in scar tissue and modified cervix. MY INFERTILITY BLOG http://tocarryseeds.wordpress.com/

Re: Success With Preseed?

• Options

imageSweetC80:
    Preseed is just a sperm friendly lube, it doesn't help w/ conception. When we used it (which we didn't during our BFP cycle) I used just a very little bit externally.

Oh yeah, I know it doesn't HELP conceive. If anything, lubes do the opposite. But we HAVE to use SOME lube.... so I was just wondering if Preseed was something many folks have used and gotten success regardless.

Male infertility issues (husband had poor SA), combined with former cervical cancer and subsequent treatment which has resulted in scar tissue and modified cervix. MY INFERTILITY BLOG http://tocarryseeds.wordpress.com/
  • Options

I had very little EWCM so I felt like it helped me a little. We did conceive the first cycle we used it, but it could very well have been a coincidence. 

I used it internally, but definitely use less than the package recommends. We used to recommended amount the first night and DH hated it. It was like a slip and slide and not in a good way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used it with my first pregnancy. It was a generic brand from Walmart (which I can't find anymore) but it seemed to work. I used it externally. Best of luck!

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Options
    We used it during our 10 months of TTC. We both used a little externally. I can't say it's the reason we got pregnant but I figured we might as well use it instead of regular lube. The tube lasts a long time since a little goes a long way! 
  • Options
    DH and I had just bought pre-seed when we got our BFP so we immediately returned it, unopend. Therefore, I am not sure if it does anything or not. It is definitely worth a try though. I know it is expensive but you can just use it around the time you O.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options

We used Preseed a few times when TTC #1.  I did end up learning that if you don't have a shortage of fertile cervical mucus you are actually better off without it though. 

Best of luck to you.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We were TTC for 18 months. A postcoital test revealed that I had hostile cervical mucus- My antibodies were killing ALL of DH's guys. We did several medicated IUI cycles with no luck. 

We decided to take a several month break from IUI cycles (based on doc reccomendation and I could no longer get away from work for the very frequent monitoring). We were also starting to save for IVF. During our break, we still wanted to try, and I asked the doc about PreSeed- he was not optimistic but I figured I could "dilute" the hostile CM. (we were also on femara). But we got our first BFP on our first "break" cycle! I was so shocked. I'm sure there were other contributing factors, but I think PreSeed was attributable to overcoming our deadly CM obstacle.

Good Luck! 

• Options
    We used it with both of our BFPs. We used it topically and used it fairly liberally (I tend to need a fair bit of lubrication to be comfortable).

• Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    We did use pressed the cycle we conceived.

We didn't insert it though but rather used it as an outside lubricant.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used it topically. It took us 15 months to conceive, but it took an HSG test to "help" us conceive. Good luck! 
  • Options

It helps with sperm Motility (swimming)

We used it as directed internally but only half of what was  recomended and then after my hubby made the "deposit" I laid down for a bit and added a bit more preseed?.Not sure if that what did it but I did get pregnant.

good luck to you 

loss 8weeks 2/14/13
  • Options
    Yes, we used it externally. Best of luck to you!

My Chart Me: 29  H: 29

DS born August 2013

• Options
    I bought it from Amazon intending to use it. I got pregnant without it.
  • Options
    It's not really meant to be a fertility aid more of a safe lube, but who knows. May be just a coincidence, may have helped.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"