3rd Trimester
Options

Low fluid levels.

Hey ladies. 

I just left the Dr from my growth screening and glucose test, while i was there my doc told me that my fluid levels were low..  I have to go back in a week to have them checked.  Has anyone else delt with this recently?  should I be concerned??

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Low fluid levels.

• Options
    A friend of mine had this issue (I guess levels should be around 10/12? and she was at a 5 between 32-34 weeks I think) and she was put on a sort of modified bed rest where she could work from home, but was supposed to take it easy (was still picking up her DD from daycare, etc.).  Her levels ended up going back up, but her doctor kept her home from work and she delivered a healthy LO this past week at 39 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think measuring fluid levels can be a little silly at times. Amniotic fluid is not at a constant level and in fact is changed out about every three hours... kind of like kidneys filtering water through your body. So I wouldn't be too concerned, as long as there is actually fluid in there. If you had measured as having absolutely none, that would be a different story!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister had low fluid and ended up getting induced at 38 weeks. If your dr wasn't concerned, and if having you wait until next week then try to not be concerned! Just rest, relax and put your feet up as much as possible!
  • Options
    Thanks guys.   thats what i've been doing just resting and drinking a $h*t ton of water...  FX its all better thursday~
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"