Cloth Diapering

Cloth wipes

Ok, so I want to start using cloth wipes and have a pretty good stash to start with. I want to keep them wet in a wipe warmer so they will be ready to use and I was thinking about using my own wipe solution made out of water, baby oil, baby wash, tea tree oil, and lavender oil, but now on wondering if I use this solution will I be able to wash my wipes and diapers together? I would hate for the wipe ingredients to effect the absorbency or smell of my diapers! Anyone else have experience with this?

Re: Cloth wipes

• I would not use baby wash or baby oil on the wipes... ever. I really like Homestead Baby for their wipes solution. I have cut it out for DS, though, because we are pretty certain he has some tree nut sensitivity and they use kukui nut oil in a lot of their products :/ We are just using their orange eucalyptus witch hazel now and it is pretty awesome!
  • I also wouldn't use baby wash or oil. I currently get them wet with water then mist them with applecheeks bum spray, fold them and put them in a wipes container. There are lots of recipes online for a cloth diaper friendly homemade wipes solution, but I haven't had the time. I keep the applecheeks bum spray in the diaper bag to use on dry wipes, and when it runs out ill probably refill with a homemade solution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just use water.  It's simple and I don't need to worry about extra soap in the wash with my diapers.

• I just use water. I keep a tiny spray bottle on the changing table and another in the diaper bag. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"