Working Moms

Restaurant question for the experts lol

So if a restaurant opens at 11:30 is it acceptable to get there very close to that time?  Do they turn the burners on before they open the door?  Or is it like a party - open at 11:30 but please don't come until closer to 12?
TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Restaurant question for the experts lol

• They're ready to rock and roll when they open.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • imageridesbuttons:

They're ready to rock and roll when they open.

This. And you'll probably get your food super fast.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageridesbuttons:

yup 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageridesbuttons:

I'd hope so!  Especially for lunch.  People go out on their lunch hour and I know I'll try to go early if I can to beat the rush.  If a restaurant wants to keep the business lunch people, they've got to be ready!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• image1026pumpkin:
    imageridesbuttons:

yup 

If they weren't ready, they shouldn't open the doors!

• Thank you all so much.  We have been doing morning dates but have to pick up my son at 1pm.  It looks like we can go to one of our favorite prebaby restaurants on our own for lunch!

BTW - I posted this on the wrong board.  There was a bit of a server war on the SAHM board UOs today so my title was a bit of a joke.  But I'm glad I got real answers here LOL.  I lurk here sometimes. :)

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They should be ready to serve at opening.
  • I love this board for everything.  I work for a restaurant company (not in the restaurant, but for corporate) and we are hyped up and ready to go when we open the doors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• I was a waitress all the way through college and still wait tables sometimes seasonally for extra money. It is TOTALLY ok to get there at 11:30. We used to have ppl already at the door or in the parking lot 15-20 mins b4 we opened. The kitchen staff gets there at like 8am to start cooking, prepping, warming up the stoves, etc. :)
  • imagetraneshaph:
    The kitchen staff gets there at like 8am to start cooking, prepping, warming up the stoves, etc. :)

I can't remember why we were going to call a restaurant the other day (some question that we figured out on our own, so never called), but it was around 10am and DH asked, "Do you think there's even anyone there yet?" LOL

• This is all so great to hear!  It's not in the city so I wasn't too sure.  But there are business districts nearby.  I like to hang back, play it cool, not be knocking on the door.  So I was actually a little bit leary. LOL  I'm so ridiculous - lunch is lunch!
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    That's totally cool. What isn't cool is showing up at say 10:50 when the restaurant closes at 11.

LOL this was the debate on the SAHM thread.

• imageTeacher Clark:
    That's totally cool. What isn't cool is showing up at say 10:50 when the restaurant closes at 11.

Yes

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"