TTC After a Loss

Tell me I'm not a bad person! (NTTCALR)

Ok, I'm having a freak out moment and need some perspective. I was just clearing out some spam mail from an account I don't really use anymore, and I see an email from my ex. I haven't seen or spoken to him since before DH and I were going steady. (about 4 years) He basically told me he didn't want to see me happy with someone else, because he thought we would've gotten back together, and said he didn't want to talk to me again. This was after a 5 year relationship.

About 6 months ago, I was going through some boxes I had stored at my parents house and came across some photos of him as a kid. I have no idea why I had them, figured that I would never talk to him again, and tossed them. Well....his email was asking me if I still had them and if I could mail them to him. Crap!

Somehow, I feel like a jerk. I know those were the original prints and can never be replaced. It just sucks because the reality is that he was the jerk back then. If he wanted those pictures, why wait 4 years to ask for them? DH is at work and none of my friends are picking up their phones, so I needed to vent to someone. The big question is, do I just ignore the email, or fess up? I know I'm over thinking this, it just threw me for a loop. Thanks for listening. Here's a yummy looking drink...I know I could use one right about now.

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: Tell me I'm not a bad person! (NTTCALR)

• I wouldn't answer the email.  Don't even acknlowledge his existence, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for more questions, having to defend why you don't still have the photos, etc. Delete and move on.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I would just ignore the email, you don't owe him an explanation. I don't see why he would even think you'd keep those pics after all this time!

Jillian Rose- born 8/26/12 at 24 weeks. "It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for a part of me went with you, the day God took you home"
    I love you always, my beautiful girl.

Hysteroscopy 3/1/13 Dx: Unicornuate uterus

|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation TrackeMy Ovulation Chart

BFP 3/18/13- Please be our Rainbow, we love you so much already.

6/4/13-Found out we're having a BOY!!

10/30/13-He's here!! Happy Birthday, Ryan! We love you so much! xo

Lilypie - (Bfmg)

• Loading the player...
  • Ignore it. I had an ex of mine call me while I was with someone else, it was before DH. He asked if I had his birth certificate. I looked and I didn't see it. Well, DH and I started dating and he moved into my apartment. When we moved into a bigger place, guess what? I found it. I still sometimes feel guilty that I had it and didn't know, but it's also been 4 years since he asked me for it. Just a note: he was very abusive and I ended up having a restraining order on him. There is just no way I could contact him anymore. It's just not safe.
    I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Just ignore the email, pretend it never happened. That is ancient history. He doesn't deserve a response, and you should not feel guilty for throwing those pictures away. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegscoville:
    I wouldn't answer the email.  Don't even acknlowledge his existence, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for more questions, having to defend why you don't still have the photos, etc. Delete and move on.

Agreed Yes I feel like saying anything to him just opens up the can of worms. Why bother going there?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't sweat it Luna, just delete it and move on like PP suggested.  No good will come from contacting this guy and you certainly didn't do anything wrong by throwing out his leftover crap after four freaking years.

Thanks for the yummy looking drink. Wink

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • imagegscoville:
    I wouldn't answer the email.  Don't even acknlowledge his existence, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for more questions, having to defend why you don't still have the photos, etc. Delete and move on.

This. He's the one who said he never wanted to talk to you again. 

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"