February 2013 Moms

Make/Bring your own hospital gown

I came across this DIY idea on Pinterest yesterday to make your own hospital gown.  I have to admit - it looks really cute!

https://fixfab.blogspot.com/2010/03/hospital-gown.html

Is anyone making their own gown and wearing it through delivery?  I also found out that you can buy them on etsy or amazon, too.

I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.  It'll probably get pretty yucky, but it is nice to not look so drab in those standard-issue gowns they give you. 

I figured it'll cost about $15-$20 to make it, so it won't be too much of a loss if it gets ruined.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Make/Bring your own hospital gown

• I can't even justify $15 or $20 :P  I'll just wear the standard issue and change into something less horrible after showering... when I can have the baby in my arms :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You might go through more than one gown, and then still end up in a drab hospital gown.  Just a thought (because I did).
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Before investing in anything make sure your hospital will allow you to wear something other an a hospital issue gown because some wont.

Also during labor with DD I changed my gown 4 times so no I would not be investing in anything that I would maybe wear for a few hours while in the hospital

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm just going to be wearing a sports bra and knee length skirt during labor, since the labor and delivery nurses recommended it.
                     Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                     Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 
  • imageJohnaDouglas:
    I'm just going to be wearing a sports bra and knee length skirt during labor, since the labor and delivery nurses recommended it.
    My OB suggested I wear a a tank top with a knee length knit skit since I plan to go natural and will be up moving around during labor. 
  • imagePumpkin0907:
    My OB suggested I wear a a tank top with a knee length knit skit since I plan to go natural and will be up moving around during labor. 

That's the same reason for me. They also told me to bring a robe in case I wanted to walk around in the hall. 

Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                     Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 
  • I bought a button up night gown/robe from Kmart on clearance for like 6. I plan on wearing the hospital one during labor, but change into this afterwards with a nursing bra. That way it is covering up for guests, but easy enough to BF with the snaps and also be checked by the nurses afterwards. I don't want to risk ruining my regular sleepwear based on all the body fluids I keep hearing about post labor. Plus it is pink with dark pink polka dots. Perfect for coordinating with my little girls I am having. : But the pattern on Pinterest is super cute, but it looks to be too big of a sewing project for me and the ones on amazon are too pricy. :
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I called the hospital to see if they'd let me bring one, and they were kind of confused by the question.  The receptionist was like, "Wait, you want to bring your OWN gown? I guess that's ok." lol.  I guess it's not as popular as I thought!

I think I'll make one, but not wear it until after delivery. Let's be honest, I just need a project to keep me busy 'til this baby decides to make his debut :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"