Infertility

Spotting question....maybe TMI?

Do any of you experience spotting for several days before AF? I used to spot for a day or two and then it lengthened to 4-6 days. This was part of the reason why I started seeing a RE, I knew something was off and my ob/gyn kept saying it was "normal".

Anyways- I had my first Clomid + Trigger cycle and then IUI on 1/19 and started spotting brown on 1/29 (10dpiui) and I am still spotting brown. While its normal for me to spot on an unmedicated cycle, I have never taken meds before and thought they would improve this. I guess I was wrong...

Does this happen to anyone else? I am concerned that there is something off with my lining or hormones. I haven't had any bloodwork since the IUI. I emailed my doctor but haven't heard back yet. (and I know this isn't implantation bleeding since it happens to me every cycle of TTC...)

TIA!

Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
It's a boy!!!!
SUA, GD
EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!

Re: Spotting question....maybe TMI?

• clomid can increase your luteal phase significantly (i had an 18 day one once!) , so this seems like it may be a side effect from that ....not sure about your previous issues though...

• Hi! I totally understand your fears. I'm a serial spotter myself and that always worried me. My doc checked several times my progesterone and it was always okish. Since doing IVF I've gotten prog supps and didn't have any spotting before AF, just after BD also a bummer but a different bummer. Spotting before AF might be caused by luteal insufficiency, so you just need to test it. Good luck in finding an answer!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesolisilou:
    Hi! I totally understand your fears. I'm a serial spotter myself and that always worried me. My doc checked several times my progesterone and it was always okish. Since doing IVF I've gotten prog supps and didn't have any spotting before AF, just after BD also a bummer but a different bummer. Spotting before AF might be caused by luteal insufficiency, so you just need to test it. Good luck in finding an answer!

Thanks- I am glad not to be on the only serial spotter :) That didn't even start until I TTC..go figure. Thanks for your support and best of luck to you.

Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"