Parenting

***R-Hitchhiker and Everyone else***

Screw puppies and rainbows.

I give you kitty and hedgie!  YWIA

https://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/tiny-kitten-tries-to-figure-out-what-a-hedgehog-is

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***R-Hitchhiker and Everyone else***

• Funny, once I looked, your name is RondackHiker.  I always read it as Rhonda Hitchhiker.  I'll be dammed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLoveBeingAWife33008:
    Funny, once I looked, your name is RondackHiker.nbsp; I always read it as Rhonda Hitchhiker.nbsp; I'll be dammed.

Lol. If I ever get banned, I'll come back as RhondaHitchhiker.

That video was great. Kitten is braver than our lab. Knarla chases HIM around the room.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Found this earlier Rondack and thought of you. 

SQUIRM

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • We do hear her on her wheel at night. But it's not loud. I believe some hedgies are louder what with rearranging their space, but there are silent wheels you can buy... NOT the silent spinners from pet stores, which are dangerous. You can look up the Carolina Storm bucket wheel.

They don't make squeaks or chitters. Well... Males will during "boy time". I'd get a female if you do. Boys have lots of... Enthusiasm. Male hedgehog owners joke about boy time and the "remnants" a lot.

You do have to have a heating setup. A ten inch reptile dome with a CHE and a thermostat. The not blind ones need a lighting set up on a timer as well. If you're interested, I can pm you a great info site. There's a lot of misinformation out there. We almost lost Knarla to hibernation bc a BOOK said 65 was a safe temp and we trusted that and her last owners.

Some can be grumpy, but they're still fun little creatures. Knarla isn't a big cuddler. She wants to EXPLORE.

Be prepared, hedgehogs, like all animals, carry salmonella. For whatever reason, it's national news right now that between 2011 and now, 20 people who had salmonella had hedgie contact in the previous week.

They also could have licked raw chicken and te hedgehogs weren't tested, but that's not explained. It's beig put out as "omg dangerous pets!!111!!!!!!". Your DH may have heard and have concerns. Same as with dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters... Keep the cage clean, keep the pet clean, and wash your hands. Oh, and don't lick your hedgehog or let them run around on your cutting board.

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"