August 2013 Moms
Options

Further Along??

I had my first appointment on Wednesday, and today I'm exactly 11 weeks. The midwife felt like I could be further along, based on the size of my uterus. How likely is it that I'm that much further along from my LMP date of 11/15? A friend of mine had the same doctor, and apparently they don't normally check for a heartbeat until 13-14 weeks (to not upset anyone if it isn't easily found) and she immediately checked mine without giving a second thought. I have my first ultra sound scheduled next Wednesday (soonest they had) and then my NT scan at Uni of Washington Medical on Friday. I just have my *fingers crossed* that I'm not too far along that I can't have the NT scan.

The more, I typed the more I found this to be more of a rant... My apologies, first time mom, so nervous and super excited! Hearing the heartbeat was amazing, and my SO was there for it :)

Re: Further Along??

• Options
    My LMP was 11/16, so I'm just one day behind you. You could have O'd early, but not by much. Did your MW say how far along she thought you were? 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She didn't say, but she kind of had a weird smile on her face when she said "your uterus feels larger than it should at this point".... it's either twins or i'm further along.... the weird grin though is what made me ponder lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could be that your baby is just measuring on the large size right now. Keep in mind that the EDD is an estimate and most women don't deliver on their due date. Even more true if it is twins... : guess you'll fine out soon!! Good luck!
  • Options
    imagednicole33:
    She didn't say, but she kind of had a weird smile on her face when she said "your uterus feels larger than it should at this point".... it's either twins or i'm further along.... the weird grin though is what made me ponder lol

Haha this is exactly what happened to me! I know for sure when I conceived and my midwife told me I'm measuring like 2 weeks ahead. Guess we will see what going on with an u/s!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"