March 2013 Moms

I am a freezer hoarder!!!

So DH and I went through our freezer and fridge tonight to purge out old crap.  We seriously threw out 2 garbage bags old old stuff.  It made me so upset to see what I didn't use and ended up chucking.  I swear I need to make a better system and not throw away this much money again!!   Any tips ladies?? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I am a freezer hoarder!!!

• Were they expired or freezer-burned? Things last longer in a deep freeze than in your refrigerator freezer.

I always date anything that gets frozen...and "new" stuff goes to the back or bottom. Then the older stuff is always staring me in the face when I open to see what's for dinner. 

• I'm making freezer meals for after the baby's born and this was definitely a concern of mine.  I ended getting a spiral notebook to use as a freezer inventory log book that I keep in my pantry.  I enter it in as I add it to the freezer.  All the food is dated and it is listed by date in the log book so when I need meal ideas I can try to use the oldest first.  I also use food saver bags because they can keep longer when they're vaccuum sealed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you use the food saver bags just with meats?  Do you put your freezer meals in the food saver bags too??  I think I may do the inventory list, and then rotate the items like the other poster sugessted.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Send some stuff to my house. I promise it won't go to waste!! ;-)
  • imageBabyMayinMarch:

Do you use the food saver bags just with meats?  Do you put your freezer meals in the food saver bags too??  I think I may do the inventory list, and then rotate the items like the other poster sugessted.

i have just been putting my meats in food saver bags, but have thought about doing all the meals.  I just haven't had the time to flash freeze everything and then transfer it to a food saver bag.  It can be done though.    So I've used gallon freezer bag and just get as much air out as I can.  Casseroles are double wrapped. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"