March 2013 Moms

Normal or not?

Sitting in a meeting at work and just experienced some really uncomfortable menstual like cramps. Haven't experienced those at all thus far in my pregnancy (I'm 34w5d). I actually got up in the middle of them to go to the bathroom because I felt like I had to have been bleeding (which I wasn't).

Normal? Not normal?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Normal or not?

• Did they have a rhythm to them at all? Have they continued?

I have some light crampy feelings every now and again due to baby's movements or being dehydrated/over-doing it. If you were really uncomfortable, though, or if they continue, call. 

It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you are still having them, you should call. Can be a sign of UTI, BV, or preterm labor not sure about your doctor's cutoff for stopping labor.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had that last friday, coupled with bad back spasms.  I ended up going to L&D just to get checked out.  The nurse said that lots of different things can cause them, and whenever there is a concern they would rather you come in then stay home and worry.  Maybe drink some water and relax.  If you still get them and they worry you then go get checked out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've had similar cramps on and off for a few weeks now. At one point my doctor did sent me over to L&D to get checked out. I was told they could be due to dehydration, my fibroids, or RLP. I was told to drink more water, eat a few extra bananas, and come back in if they become very intense and regular, which thankfully they haven't.
  • Thanks for your responses, ladies. The cramps went away and I've been taking it easy at home. I can't wait to get this baby out! I know that I'm going to worry endlessly once I have the baby about doing everything right, but at least I'll be able to see him and feel him.

I'm sick of the constant anxiety that comes with pregnancy!

• I've been getting menstrual like cramps in my back. Not a lot, and I'm just trying to drink a lot of water. Just a warning, though, the worrying is waaay worse once baby is out! And it never stops!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"