Working Moms
Options

Our regular babysitter is leaving. :*(

I just need to emote. I found out today that our beloved babysitter, who has watched DS part-time almost every week since DS was 4 months old (he'll be 2 in April) will be leaving us in August. She's going to pursue a full-time job to start her career, which is something I always knew would happen and about which I am very happy. But I still wasn't ready for it to happen.

She loves DS so much and treats him so well, and he totally adores her. They're buddies and she's basically like one of his best friends. She is so genuine, thoughtful, fun, and patient, and I am so incredibly sad for DS to be losing her. I'm also mourning the fact that we won't be seeing her anymore.  She's become a good family friend. 

I feel as though my heart is breaking. DH is sick about it, too, even though he also knew it would happen eventually.

She has been an absolute dream come true. I can't express how sad I am that she won't be part of our lives anymore. How the heck do you replace someone like this? :( 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Our regular babysitter is leaving. :*(

• Options
    I might ask her to assist me in interviewing new prospects... since she knows your son so well. She might good be another good sounding board as to what could be his preferences.  I would use her as an asset. If you make it sound like a team effort she might appreciatethat. I would also write her a letter of recommendation/ accommodation for her to use in the future, that one reference could mean a lot to her. If she is leaving on good terms I might give her a little extra money wise or in a form of a gift so she feels and knows she is leaving on good terms.
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Options

imageEmmakins87:
    I might ask her to assist me in interviewing new prospects... since she knows your son so well. She might good be another good sounding board as to what could be his preferences.  I would use her as an asset. If you make it sound like a team effort she might appreciatethat. I would also write her a letter of recommendation/ accommodation for her to use in the future, that one reference could mean a lot to her. If she is leaving on good terms I might give her a little extra money wise or in a form of a gift so she feels and knows she is leaving on good terms.

Thank you, yes, I'm planning to do all of this.

To the pp, yes, she said that she still wants to watch DS on weekends and when her schedule allows it and we'll definitely take her up on it.

I'm just having a private pity party right now while I work through this. You know how there are a lot of people you like but only a few in your life whom you really really really like based on what they stand for, their outlook on life, how they truly are at their very core? She's one of those really really really people for both DH and me.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally feel  your pain.  Our full-time babysitter had to go back to work full time in November.  It was really hard and heartbreaking.  We have found somebody else now, though, and she's great with Jane.  I cried and cried, but it did get easier!  I'm sorry you're going through this! :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have a sitter like this and I will die when ths happens.  She has become a really good family friend and I love her to death. 

I know exactly how you feel, b/c even the thought of this makes me tear up.  It's great to find someone who genuinely loves your child. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"