High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Factor V, MTHFR and thinners...

I had bilateral PEs after my daughter just over 2 years ago and was on Coumadin for 6 months.  I am currently in the 2WW and was wondering when your Dr put you on Lovenox? Mine said something along the lines of 10-12 weeks.  This sounds late to me?

Also, has anyone NOT been approved for this by insurance? I have been planning and making the calls.  But, they tell me that they cannot make a definite yes or no because I have to actually be pregnant first :/  

Re: Factor V, MTHFR and thinners...

• Options
    Hi! I had a 33 weeker after severe early onset preeclampsia at 30 weeks...that's when they discovered I have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. I haven't had any other symptoms or blood clots, but wanted to share with you that my doctor had me on baby aspirin from the very start. She thought I'd be fine on just BA for the duration, but after doing a lot of my own research and talking to others I pushed for a prophylactic dose of Lovenox. My MD had been on the fence about it, so it was easy to twist her arm. Plus, other highrisk MDs had told me I should be on it if I ever got pregnant again. I started Lovenox around 11 weeks, 40mg per day. Hope this is helpful for you!
  • Options
    I have MTHFR and my OB plans to put me on lovenox after there is a heart beat, I have an appointment for 6wks. Right now I am on a baby asprin, Foltex , and a prenatal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great thanks :) I think I might just start with the BA to be safe...we'll see what happens when I actually get pregnant...pray for a BFP in 2 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"