November 2011 Moms

NBR:Valentine's Day

This is a bit of a vent/me worrying about my nice plan for valentine's day. We never really celebrate it but we always get each other a few things and this year I decided to do 14 days of valentine's! Once a day I am going to leave him a little treat with a note on it and on valentine's day I am going to make a nice dinner for the three of us and we will share our favorite champagne :)

Here's my vent.....I am so worried that on the first day hell just come in the house and either not say a thing or say he doesn't like the thing I got him or just be his blah self about it. I worked hard on the tags (even though I got the idea from pintrest I made it my own) and I don't want it to be a waste..... there it is lol I know pointless :)

What plans do you have for DH or LO for VDAY!?!?! 

Re: NBR:Valentine's Day

• You are waaaayyy ahead of me. I am starting a new job that week and DS a daycare for the first time. I will get DS and DH a card but I am pretty much out of ideas. I would like to get something small for DH. We have had a crazy 7 months with moving across country and me being unemployed, he has been amazing!! DS will definitely get something small like a cute shirt or a toy.
  • You're way ahead of me! I'm impressed!
    DH is deployed for valentines day [again] and I still haven't even mailed him a card!! I did manage to send one out from DS but I got to get on mine since mail takes at least a month!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband is a chef so we don't get to celebrate on Valentine's Day. That's one of the days that no one in the restaraunt can have off. But I did just order a surprise tres leches cakes for him. Other than that, I got nothing so far

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I've got nothing so far. We're really focusing on paying off debt right now, so maybe something I'll just cook a nice dinner plan some super sexy bedroom time. Food and sex will please DH.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJamiesWife2010:
    I've got nothing so far. We're really focusing on paying off debt right now, so maybe something I'll just cook a nice dinner plan some super sexy bedroom time. Food and sex will please DH.

Haha.  Not a hard man to shop for around the holidays, I see!  :P

No ideas here.  I've been more worried about doing something special for DD, like decorating, gift, crafts, whatever.  I'm scouring pinterest and nothing is popping out at me. 

As for DH, ugh...I'd love to just go out to dinner somewhere with scrumptious appetizers and a serious steak. Oh yum.  But, we are trying to not spend much, as well, so maybe I'll have to cash in some Discover Card rewards for a restaurant gift card or something and settle for that.  Groupon does have some yummy treats, as well. 

Oh, just looked on pinterest.  There are a ton of popcorn recipes with chocolate, koolaid, and whatever else you can think of practically.  I may make DH a popcorn tin with a few different kinds.  Though I may need to go Jaime'sWife's route, as well, but I think I need to come up with a sweet DIY craft or something. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No plans for LO, but I plan on doing something fun when she's in elementary school. As for DH, he'll also be happy with food and sex. Haha. I told DH that all I want is a book light. Man, do I live on the edge!
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The first VDay with DH (pre-H days...years and years and years ago) was horrible.  Not DH's fault or my fault, but we tried to do the big fancy dinner and it was an awful experience.  Since then, we have always kept VDay very low key.  We celebrate with heart shape pizza at home and I love it.  Sometimes we do cards or small gifts but not always.  (I made a cork trivet/wall hanging from wine we've had....it's been sitting in a drawer for awhile....maybe VDay will be the day to gift it!  LOL)

Our anniversary is the next month and I prefer the more romantic stuff then as that's a day that really is special to us.  VDay?  Just not really my thing.  And maybe I'm a horrible momma, but I haven't even considered anything for DD for that day....esp at this age.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageChan4dra04:

imageJamiesWife2010:
    I've got nothing so far. We're really focusing on paying off debt right now, so maybe something I'll just cook a nice dinner plan some super sexy bedroom time. Food and sex will please DH.

Haha.  Not a hard man to shop for around the holidays, I see!  :P

No ideas here.  I've been more worried about doing something special for DD, like decorating, gift, crafts, whatever.  I'm scouring pinterest and nothing is popping out at me. 

As for DH, ugh...I'd love to just go out to dinner somewhere with scrumptious appetizers and a serious steak. Oh yum.  But, we are trying to not spend much, as well, so maybe I'll have to cash in some Discover Card rewards for a restaurant gift card or something and settle for that.  Groupon does have some yummy treats, as well. 

Oh, just looked on pinterest.  There are a ton of popcorn recipes with chocolate, koolaid, and whatever else you can think of practically.  I may make DH a popcorn tin with a few different kinds.  Though I may need to go Jaime'sWife's route, as well, but I think I need to come up with a sweet DIY craft or something. 

Lol, he is easy! ;

I've been looking for a cute "project" to do with DS, but I'm not sold on anything yet.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagecaffrin:
    You're way ahead of me! I'm impressed! DH is deployed for valentines day [again] and I still haven't even mailed him a card!! I did manage to send one out from DS but I got to get on mine since mail takes at least a month!
    My DH is deployed too and I still haven't made or mailed his valentine. Oh well, he's been married to me long enough to know that I'm a procrastinator. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRosebud2587:
    imagecaffrin:
    You're way ahead of me! I'm impressed!
    DH is deployed for valentines day [again] and I still haven't even mailed him a card!! I did manage to send one out from DS but I got to get on mine since mail takes at least a month!
    My DH is deployed too and I still haven't made or mailed his valentine. Oh well, he's been married to me long enough to know that I'm a procrastinator. 

Haha! Same here. But with that said we've been married long enough that I better get some freakin flowers, at least!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"