May 2013 Moms

Awkward day

one of my managers got the news today that her ivf failed at noon. I felt so bad for her but on top of that another co worker announced her pregnancy. My manager left the office for the day in tears. Any ideas to make her feel better tomorrow? I feel so sad for her.

Re: Awkward day

• There really isn't much you can do to support her other than telling her you are very sorry and you hope it works out for her next cycle.  Also offer to be there or do anything for her It's probably better to do so in a card because your pregnancy is a reminder that she's not, so so may distance herself from you.  I would also try to discreetly talk to the co-worker who just announced and remind her to "lay low" and keep her excitement at work to a minimum around that manager. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your manager.  To be honest, there is nothing you can say or do.  What I wouldn't do is bring it up until she does. Just be there for her if she needs to talk, do not talk about your pregnancy unless she does and just listen.  IVF is a deeply personal and sensitive process to begin with so she might not even want to discuss it.  It is so sweet of you to want to make her feel better. Being there for her and sensitive to her feelings will help her a lot I am sure.
    IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBsAsKate:
    I am so sorry for your manager.nbsp; To be honest, there is nothing you can say or do.nbsp; What I wouldn't do is bring it up until she does.nbsp;Just be there for her if she needs to talk, do not talk about your pregnancy unless she does and just listen.nbsp;nbsp;IVF is a deeply personal and sensitive process to begin withnbsp;so she might not even want to discuss it.nbsp; It is so sweet of you to want to make her feel better. Being there for her and sensitive to her feelings will help her a lot I am sure.

I agree with this. Just being sensitive to her feelings is the most important thing.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"