Breastfeeding

Caffeine and breast milk question - Semi Urgent

Hi,

How long do I have to wait before I can pump or breast feed? 

I already had my caffeine this morning at 10am, it's now 8:00pm and my hubby made me another cup i thought it was decaf, but, it turned out to be reg.  How long do I need to wait until I can breastfeed or keep the milk I express?  My lo's next feeding is at 11pm.

Re: Caffeine and breast milk question - Semi Urgent

• If your LO is not sensitive there is no need to. I don't wait after I have any.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No need to. I have at least 2 cups a day and this is my second LO I've done this with.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PPs.  If your baby isn't senstive then no need to wait.  My daughter was sensitive but I certainly didn't pump and dump.  It just meant that she wouldn't sleep as well or be a little extra fussy.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Thank goodness, thanks ladies. :-) 
  • You don't have to wait or dump your milk.  I drink fully caffeinated coffee throughout the day and it's fine. I think some babies may be sensitive to the caffeine but I haven't actually had any friends / family say this was the case with them.   Enjoy your coffee!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto the others - you are fine. I occasionally drink coffee while I'm nursing. Hasn't bothered DS a bit.
  • Even for a sensitive baby, it might be fine to pump and then just dilute that milk with caffeine free milk later on! I got really lucky, I can inhale a large coffee, feed LO, and she's absolutely no different. I thank her for it every day.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"