July 2013 Moms

anyone on flonase?

I have been congested since October, not exaggerating. I thought it was from the prometrium I was on until 12 weeks, but at 17 weeks, still so stuffy. My doctor tried z pack, sudafed, tylenol cold, benadryl and nothing has helped. So she said to use flonase. It's a category c drug so I'm extremely nervous to try it, but I'm miserable. I trust my doctor, but still scared. Anyone else on it?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone on flonase?

• I use it twice a day every day and baby is perfectly wonderful :) Also try using the neti pot or the squeeze bottle version. I got mine at Target. Yes, it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable but it helps SO much!!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was on it for years before I got pregnant but then decided to switch to Rhinocort since it is a category B. It is a brand only so it is more expensive but I think it works better for me. It probably only does because I had taken the Flonase for so long my body became accustomed to it. Edit to add: I am a pharmacist and would have no issue staying on the Flonase. I would totally recommend you taking the Flonase if you were my patient. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same issues you did and went through all the same remedies from my OB. I started getting panic attacks because I kept feeling like I couldn't breathe. He put me on Flonase and it was a miracle. It took about a week to kick in but it is a life saver when you can't take actual decongestants that work. His take in class C drugs are that it is wildly inconsistent being that its based on animals. So he seems to draw the line at D. But seriously I wouldn't be scared and use it. Relief is 5 days away.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"