August 2013 Moms
Options

Pissed

So I'm 10 weeks and 1 day. And my cousin just posted a sonogram pic of their baby at 4 weeks on FB. Obvs. It's ridiculous to come out that early but now I'm questioning my own precautions. Maybe I'm just hormonal. But I still don't feel good about myself.

Re: Pissed

• Options

imageNena015:
    So I'm 10 weeks and 1 day. And my cousin just posted a sonogram pic of their baby at 4 weeks on FB. Obvs. It's ridiculous to come out that early but now I'm questioning my own precautions. Maybe I'm just hormonal. But I still don't feel good about myself.

Well, I'm not a fan of posting sonogram pics on FB at all at any rate (personal preference) but 4 weeks?! That seems really early. 

Don't question your precautions. Wait until you are ready.

• Options
    I'm 13 weeks and I'm still not ready to come out on facebook. My cousin (who's a doctor!!) put it on facebook at 6 weeks and I was stunned. I worried the whole time that she'd have to untell. I wouldn't over think it. Announce when you're comfortable.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNena015:

I'm not sure why this makes you pissed? The decision is up to each person. She was comfortable with announcing early, you can too if that's what you're comfortable with doing. There is nothing wrong with either choice.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    So your "pissed," because someone else posted a facebook announcement, for their own pregnancy? Or am I misunderstanding?

When to announce is a personal preference. I announced at 8 weeks, that is when I felt comfortable. Some ladies here are waiting until much later, which is perfectly fine also.

• Options
    Is there even anything to see in the ultrasound? Everyone may just think she's as ridiculous as you are thinking lol I posted at 7 weeks but because my mom found out and she told my grandparents and I knew it would get out so after my appointment I posted the pics of baby and tagged every family member on it like an announcement. I was planning on waiting until 12 weeks but I guess mothers just know? No one can tell you when you should announce. It's all up to you and when you feel comfortable announcing. I gotta admit though, I think I would also be a little peeved cause its like stealing your thunder.youre closer to the second tri than she is and she's getting the attention.totally understandable!

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Meh. She posted. It is her news to share.

Is it what I (you) would do? Nope.

But doesn't have anything to do with you. It is her news to post when she feels like posting.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    imageleahaziele91:
    Is there even anything to see in the ultrasound? Everyone may just think she's as ridiculous as you are thinking lol I posted at 7 weeks but because my mom found out and she told my grandparents and I knew it would get out so after my appointment I posted the pics of baby and tagged every family member on it like an announcement. I was planning on waiting until 12 weeks but I guess mothers just know? No one can tell you when you should announce. It's all up to you and when you feel comfortable announcing. I gotta admit though, I think I would also be a little peeved cause its like stealing your thunder.youre closer to the second tri than she is and she's getting the attention.totally understandable!

Stealing her thunder?? I'm pretty sure that wasn't her intention, she may not even know. Just because she's pregnant as well that doesn't mean the OP's pregnancy is any less special. I'm sure she'll get just as much attention when she decides to announce.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

As someone who announced pregnancy at 4 and a half weeks the first time around, I don't find it ridiculous. To each there own.

BTW, if she already had an ultrasound at 4 weeks there is is probably more to the story of her pregnancy than you realize. The only people I know with ultrasounds that early had some kind of problem TTC or problems with past pregnancies.

• Options
    Also, if you are pissed about it, you need to check yourself. Seriously, chill out.
  • Options

imageleahaziele91:

OMG. Facebook-baby-announcement-thunder-stealing? Seriously?

It is not like she posted about *your* PG.

She posted about her own. She is allowed to be excited and announce on Facebook for gods sake.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options

imageleahaziele91:
    I gotta admit though, I think I would also be a little peeved cause its like stealing your thunder.youre closer to the second tri than she is and she's getting the attention.totally understandable!

OMG, really? Grow up.

• Options
    imagecinderin:

imageleahaziele91:

OMG. Facebook-baby-announcement-thunder-stealing? Seriously?

It is not like she posted about *your* PG.

She posted about her own. She is allowed to be excited and announce on Facebook for gods sake.

This.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Why is that 'ridiculously early'? The only thing ridiculous is the judgement about how early is 'ok' to tell people.

It's none of your damn business if someone has to 'untell' or not, that's their deal. Some people would prefer to have the support of their friends and family if something did go wrong rather than going through that alone like they somehow did something wrong and it's some deep dark secret.

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    What was the picture of at 4w? I didn't think anything could be seen that early.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageWashingtonQueen:

BTW, if she already had an ultrasound at 4 weeks there is is probably more to the story of her pregnancy than you realize. The only people I know with ultrasounds that early had some kind of problem TTC or problems with past pregnancies.

This, but I don't think there's actually anything to see at 4 weeks. Even at 5 weeks it's only really a gestational sac, maybe a yolk. And at 6 it's a just big oval dot. 

I also fail to understand how her announcing makes you not feel good about yourself. Maybe I'm missing something here...

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    imageEmeraldSea:

imageNena015:

Well, I'm not a fan of posting sonogram pics on FB at all at any rate (personal preference) but 4 weeks?! That seems really early. 

Don't question your precautions. Wait until you are ready.

I'm not a fan of posting sonogram pics on FB either. I think everyone is different. If you don't feel ready to tell everyone then it really shouldn't matter that your cousin announced her pregnancy so early.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    eh, my SIL started telling people, on facebook and everywhere else, pretty much the day she found out and while I was scared that they would have to untell if something happened.  I certainly wouldn't have told so early, but it wasn't my decision to make!
    image    image   image   image
    DS #1 arrived 10/09/2011
    DS #2 arrived 08/27/2013
    Loving every minute with two sweet boys!

• Options
    I don't understand being pissed about this. I might momentarily side eye it, but people will be comfortable announcing their news at different times. It's their personal decision to tell at 4 weeks, just like its your decision to wait until you feel ready.

You know what's ridiculous? People worrying about their pregnancy thunder. Everyone has a right to be happy and excited about their news. There isn't a set limit on happiness and congratulations and excitement within a family or group of friends. Being pissed that she announced first is just setting yourself up for years of mommy wars. What if her child rolls over first? Walks first? Says mama while your child just shrieks? Enjoy your pregnancy and little one and stop caring what everyone else is doing because it's only going to get worse.

• Options

Whoooop woooop! Facebook police, everyone, lock down your pages!

This is such a weird journal entry. Grow up.

image image

• Options
    Why in the world would this piss you off? It makes you seem self-centered. She is happy and ready to spread her joy there is nothing wrong with that it has nothing to do with you! You choose not to announce so she should have waited until she got the okay from you? I am sorry but this really rubbed me the wrong way. Some people really need to realize everything is not about them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imageMelanieian:
    Why in the world would this piss you off? It makes you seem self-centered. She is happy and ready to spread her joy there is nothing wrong with that it has nothing to do with you! You choose not to announce so she should have waited until she got the okay from you? I am sorry but this really rubbed me the wrong way. Some people really need to realize everything is not about them!

Umm.. am I the only one who read the original post in a completely different way?

I read it as she is pissed because of the way she is FEELING. She is pissed because it is making her second guess herself. I don't think she meant anything about being pissed about thunder being stolen or that she didn't announce first. I could be wrong. But I understand how easy it is to get angry with yourself for questioning your own emotions.

Where did all the super spastic posts come from?

• Options
    imageEmeraldSea:

imageMelanieian:

&nbsp;

Umm.. am I the only one who read the original post in a completely different way?

I read it as she is pissed because of the way she is FEELING. She is pissed because it is making her second guess herself. I don't think she meant anything about being pissed about thunder being stolen or that she didn't announce first. I could be wrong. But I understand how easy it is to get angry with yourself for questioning your own emotions.

The thunder stealing posts aren't directed at the OP. There was a reply that said they could understand being pissed because OP is closer to 2nd tri and her thunder is being stolen by someone who is only 4 weeks along.

• Options

imageBreanneL24:
    I don't understand why this warrants you to be pissed. Her baby, her body, and she can decide what she wants to do. Is there even anything to see at 4 weeks? Even at 5 weeks, there is just a sac.

THIS!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepunkin05:
    imageEmeraldSea:

imageMelanieian:

The thunder stealing posts aren't directed at the OP. There was a reply that said they could understand being pissed because OP is closer to 2nd tri and her thunder is being stolen by someone who is only 4 weeks along.

There were a few posts before the reply about "thunder stealing" as well. Oh well.

• Options
    imageEmeraldSea:

imageMelanieian:

From others, She is pissed because her cousin posted on fb before she did, plan and simple that is childish. It is also childish to say it is obvs ridiculous to announce at 4 weeks. What right does she have to make that judgement. It is a personal preference to announce when you want to announce.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageleahaziele91:

I'm sorry but you sound like a 13 year old. Stealing her thunder? Come on seriously?

Her cousin can post about her pregnancy whenever she chooses. Who cares who is closer to second tri? One persons "pregnancy news" doesn't down play some one else's.

DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options
    I am a little lost.  You care what your cousin does why?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I kind of see a trend not in just this post but across the board on other posts ppl make also. Im not any kind of expert or claim to be this Mother Theresa Nonjudging person but People lay off!!! If someone feels a certain way, its ok! There is some reason they feel that way and we (total outsiders) dont need to attack the person or what they are saying. Which its very possible we are not understanding what the person is saying to begin with!

We are all in sensitive places and come on here for support so If you cant be sympathetic (regardless of the post) just be quiet.  I think our society is going to *** , with reality TV etc. its making people negative and caty. And some poeople are born Mean but this negative behavior/comments doesnt make the world a better place.

You never know what a person is going through we need to be extra senstive towards everyone! Watch the news look at how people are cracking and doing crazy things. You never know. Just stay quiet if you have nothing good to say.

• Options
    imageNena015:

Some people are really into posting things on fb. Like...everything. NMS but people do. I am announcing to family and friends at 14 weeks, but won't post on fb until 20 weeks when we know what the sex of the baby is.

Everyone does what they are comfortable with. You took the precautions to wait a while and that's fine. I read this as you are wondering if you are being overly careful by waiting so long. Is that what you meant?
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    imagelivleen3:
    I kind of seenbsp;a trend not in just this post but across the board on other posts ppl make also. Im not any kind of expert or claim to be this Mother Theresa Nonjudging person but People lay off!!! If someone feels a certain way, its ok! There is some reason they feel that way and we total outsiders dont need to attack the person or what they are saying. Which its very possible we are not understanding what the person is saying to begin with!
    We are all in sensitive places and come on here for support so If you cant be sympathetic regardless of the post just be quiet.nbsp;nbsp;I think our society is going to *** , withnbsp;reality TVnbsp;etc. itsnbsp;making people negative and caty. And some poeople are born Meannbsp;butnbsp;this negative behavior/comments doesnt make the world a better place.
    You never know what a person is going through we need to be extra senstive towards everyone! Watch the news look at how people are cracking and doing crazy things. You never know. Just stay quiet if you have nothing good to say.

Who are you the bump police?

You CANNOT tell people how to respond on a public message forum, period!
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options
    I think that is bull no one gets a sonogram at 4 weeks! There is nothing to see! I did IVF and had a loss and got my first at 6 weeks. At 4 weeks your hcg levels are still under 1,000 which means there is no show going on yet.
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I read it that she was upset at herself for feeling ambivalent about when to post, NOT that she was jealous or angry at her cousin. 

Perhaps the "Pissed" title wasn't very descriptive.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words.
  • Options
    OP are you mad at your cousin for posting or are you mad at yourself for not posting sooner?  If you tell us maybe the fight about the reason for your pissiness wouldn't go on for 2 pages. 

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageleahaziele91:

I'm sorry but you sound like a 13 year old. Stealing her thunder? Come on seriously?
    Her cousin can post about her pregnancy whenever she chooses. Who cares who is closer to second tri? One persons "pregnancy news" doesn't down play some one else's.

Oh please...you're the "REALISTIC" one here! My bad, wrong words by saying "thunder stealing". What if she was jealous that her cousin announced first? Don't act like that never happens. I myself know what that feels like cause i have a cousin going on baby 3 no one cared about me when i announced so yeah, thunder stolen. All of you say that we are all entitled to our own opinions and emotions so to talk sh!t for TWO DAMN PAGES about something I said is pretty effin stupid. Not everyone feels the same. Everyones family is different and it sucks that mine is one of those that makes you feel that way. Excuse me.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"