July 2013 Moms

snoogle dual use

I just ordered a mini snoogle

https://www.target.com/p/snoogle-mini-compact-side-sleeper-pillow-sage-dot/-/A-10456433?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C10456433&CPNG=Bedding&kpid=10456433&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10456433

I like it well enough, but when I change positions at night it stays where it was and I move.  Anyway, when I first got it, I realized it is kind of like a boppy pillow, I I can wrap it around my waist to assit with nursing, and it coils up nicely for a spot for baby.  I am not trying to be cheap, and will get a boppy if need be.  But is there any reason I couldn't put this to dual use and use in place of a boppy pillow? 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: snoogle dual use

• l love the snoogle pillow my DH got it for me for christmas... its great for many positions for comfort
  • They actually advertise nursing pillow as one of its uses I think. It's fine for in bed, but a little cumbersome if you want to nurse in a chair or elsewhere. I liked my boppy for other things, but for nursing, My Brest Friend is the rolls royce of nursing pillows and I don't know how anyone learns to breastfeed without one!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No reason you can't in my estimation.

I love my Brest Friend in lieu of the boppy. It straps on with Velcro. I prefer it to the boppy. You can read about it here:

https://www.mybrestfriend.com/

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    No reason you can't in my estimation. I love my Brest Friend in lieu of the boppy. It straps on with Velcro. I prefer it to the boppy. You can read about it here: https://www.mybrestfriend.com/

Thanks, I can see how that might work better than both the snoogle and the boppy.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I guess you could. At first I didn't love the boppy. DS seemed so tiny that when he rested on it, he didn't seem like he was at a good angle or height to nurse, unless I was slouching down. I did love the boppy when he grew into it after a month/two, then it became a must! The boppy is much more compact so holding a baby and positioning the boppy would be much easier I think than that thing. Plus I carried the boppy around the house...heck I even brought it with me in the car if I was going to away longer, it made nursing that much more comfortable for me and DS. So in my experience I didn't need the boppy or anything right away but eventually I did and I think something smaller is just easier to keep around.

ETA: I don't know why you'd need to strap on a nursing pillow. Seems like an unnecessary extra step...can someone explain?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• imagekathleen02:
    I don't know why you'd need to strap on a nursing pillow. Seems like an unnecessary extra step...can someone explain?

Well DD was a wiggle worm nurser at the breast. With the boppy I always felt like she was going to fall off. The wrap around, Velcro back is foam on the Brest friend. It supports your back and feels more secure to me.

When/if you go to a lactation consultant they should have one for you to try. Also, post partum I still had a belly for the first two weeks. The boppy didn't fit right. The Brest Friend adjusts if you are still feeling big.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• As a FTM and one thats been placed on bed rest three times in my short 14 weeks, I was wondering if getting a pregnancy pillow was really worth it. I've always slept with a body pillow. The one I have now is a feather pillow and not filled as much as i would hope, however I am very used to moving it with me even while sleeping. Does the Boppy or other pillows really make that much of a difference?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"