March 2012 Moms
Options

On the topic of food

I definitely need to branch out from pured food or cut up banana

How big are the chunks of toast, cheese, etc are you giving?
Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!

Re: On the topic of food

• Options
    I give fairly small pieces.  I don't think this needed as I can give LO a whole cracker or Baby Mum Mum and she does just fine.  I guess I would start with little pieces and see how LO does and then increase the size from there.  That is personally more comfortable for me.  However, some have said it is better to give "fingers" of toast, chicken, etc.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I first started with finger nail sized peices to see how he did. Now he gets strips of toast, bc it falls apart very easily. I give about one inch squares of sliced American cheese, also falls apart easy. Pretty much eveything else is it up very small.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We give finger-sized strips of toast, pancakes, waffles.  I don't cut much up super small except for choking hazard foods like grapes (I quarter them).  He eats sandwiches cut into finger-sized strips and does just fine (ham & cheese, PB, turkey & cheese).  I don't cut up his broccoli, just give him the whole floret and he goes to town.  It really just depends on the food...he does really well with larger pieces.  He's got 6 of his front teeth and no molars.  Very rarely does he (or anyone) chew with their front teeth but even without molars, babies are VERY good at chewing with their gums. 
  • Options

When I give DD toast, I use a pizza cutter to take off the crust and then cut into about 4-5 slices on the larger size sandwich bread loafs.

most other stuff I tear into small/medium bits.  I cut grapes and blueberries in half just because the shape.

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"