September 2012 Moms
Options

Would you feed your baby a goat milk concoction??

I've never heard of this but stopping breastfeeding and moving to goat's milk vs. formula seems weird.  Hopefully she asked her pediatrician instead of relying on her fiance's search for baby food. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/kristin-cavallari-stopped-breastfeeding-son-camden-felt-like-slave-to-pumping-2013311

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you feed your baby a goat milk concoction??

• Options

i just read that and thought... odd

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• Options

That article title sounded like it came from the Onion.

I mean, I know that babies were fed goat's milk concoctions before formula...but yeah, hope they're getting some medical guidance on that one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah - I didn't want to immediately bash it because I thought maybe there is something I don't know about goat's milk. 
  • Options
    I've heard of goat milk. One of my close friends has a daughter who's almost 1. Almost since she was born she had a consistent rash on her neck and issues with breathing and stool. She used goat milk for a while with the help of her Ped thinking it was a reaction to cow milk. In December she was diagnosed with LCH (Langerhans cell Histiocytosis). She has to have biweekly blood transfusions and chemotherapy! Simply crazy!

• Options
    I wouldn't before one. Once we get the go ahead for milk, maybe. I have done zero research so I don't know what to think about feeding a 6mo goat milk. But since I have never heard of it, I question it. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I'm pretty sure this is what my SIL did with my niece. I find it odd.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageHyaline:

That article title sounded like it came from the Onion.

I mean, I know that babies were fed goat's milk concoctions before formula...but yeah, hope they're getting some medical guidance on that one. 

I LOL'd about it.  FYI, I don't like goat's milk.  I really don't want to feed LO anything DH or I don't like/wouldn't eat, so this would probably be right out.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

Since this is the first thing that came up when I googled it, um no, I wouldn't feed her any animal milk as a replacement for BM until she's at least 1...

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/125/4/e973.abstract

https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/goat-milk

• Options

Totes. Baby goats are very cute.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    But formula is cow's milk based, right (unless it's soy, obviously)? I don't see how goat's milk formula would be that much weirder. (As long as it was ok-ed by a pedi, not just MacGuyvered in the bathtub or something.)
  • Options

imagejbBeans:
    But formula is cow's milk based, right (unless it's soy, obviously)? I don't see how goat's milk formula would be that much weirder. (As long as it was ok-ed by a pedi, not just MacGuyvered in the bathtub or something.)

I didn't read it to say goat milk formula. I read it to say she was giving her 6mo old goat's milk. Which is why I said, not before 1. Concoction doesn't sound very regulated to me which scares me.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    imagehmp&mrj:

imagejbBeans:

I didn't read it to say goat milk formula. I read it to say she was giving her 6mo old goat's milk. Which is why I said, not before 1. Concoction doesn't sound very regulated to me which scares me.

Yeah, I definitely question any "concoction" that Kristin Cavallari would come up with. I'm just saying I wouldn't totally rule out goat milk as an option just because it's unusual, which is the vibe I got from some of the responses.

• Options
    imagejbBeans:
    imagehmp&mrj:

imagejbBeans:

Yeah, I definitely question any "concoction" that Kristin Cavallari would come up with. I'm just saying I wouldn't totally rule out goat milk as an option just because it's unusual, which is the vibe I got from some of the responses.

I was curious about goat milk formula. This is what Wholesomebabyfood had to say about it:

Goat Milk Formula

Currently there are no goat's milk based commercial formulas available in the U.S. Goat's milk based infant formulas were available in the U.K. and throughout the European Union however, these infant formulas are being taken off the market. Department of Health - U.K.  Policy changes based on E.U. statements indicate that goat's milk formula is not suitable for infants. "EFSA also concluded that there was no convincing data, either in the literature or submitted, to support the belief that the incidence of allergic reactions is lower when feeding goats? milk based formula compared to cows? milk based formula. EFSA published its opinion on 12 January 2006, confirming its previous view." EFSA -E.U.- Policy Statement re. Goat's Milk Protein for Infant Formula 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    imagehmp&mrj:
    imagejbBeans:
    imagehmp&mrj:

imagejbBeans:

I was curious about goat milk formula. This is what Wholesomebabyfood had to say about it:

Goat Milk Formula

Currently there are no goat's milk based commercial formulas available in the U.S. Goat's milk based infant formulas were available in the U.K. and throughout the European Union however, these infant formulas are being taken off the market. Department of Health - U.K.  Policy changes based on E.U. statements indicate that goat's milk formula is not suitable for infants. "EFSA also concluded that there was no convincing data, either in the literature or submitted, to support the belief that the incidence of allergic reactions is lower when feeding goats? milk based formula compared to cows? milk based formula. EFSA published its opinion on 12 January 2006, confirming its previous view." EFSA -E.U.- Policy Statement re. Goat's Milk Protein for Infant Formula 

Yes

And now we know! :) 

• Options
    Regardless of truth, I despise that woman so my opinion is it is dumb. ha!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    My DH and his two brothers were adopted. Their birth parents were very neglectful and they were removed from the home and put up for adoption. His little brother was 6 months old and very malnourished. He almost died. I don't know the exact reason but they had to feed him goat's milk instead of formula.
  • Options
    My cousin does to her child under one and idk I never ever would.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"