3rd Trimester
Options

severe cramps after cervical check? TMI

I had my cervical check today and it was uncomfortable but I wouldnt say it was painful.. the doctor said i wasnt dialated at all yet which I was hoping to be since baby is almost 8 pounds already according to ultrasound. Anyways there is no spotting or anything like that but I am have SEVERE cramps. I have had horrible periods my whole life but to be blunt this is worse than that and it feels like someone tried to shove their fist inside me. Sorry for the details. There was some white creamy discharge but I wouldnt say a large amount or anything to be concerned with. Tylenol is doing nothing and it seems to be getting progressively more painful. I've had braxton hicks before and this doesnt feel like a contraction just  like a lot of really really bad cramping. Anyone had a similar experience? Is this normal? I'm gonna ride it out through the night unless it gets more severe and then I'll call the doctor but I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: severe cramps after cervical check? TMI

• Options
    I'm dealing with exactly the same thing right now. Had my first internal today and am sitting at 1cm and 50% effaced. TONS of BAD cramps since the check. It would be nice if it was labor starting! lol I think its pretty normal to have cramping after getting checked though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think its normal to have cramps after being checked. At 27 weeks I had PTL and was checked, it gave me cramps.
    Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Period cramps can = what labor really feels like.  Since tylenol isn't helping, and they are getting worse, I would call!  Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"