Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Britax lovers--Boulevard vs Marathon

I'm getting ready to buy my daughter's convertible seat and can't decide between the two. The cost difference isn't the most important factor to me. I'm looking for opinions on what you all prefer...my DD is 9 months and is of average height and weight. I drive a Honda Pilot. Thanks for any and all feedback ;)

Re: Britax lovers--Boulevard vs Marathon

• imagekbruington:
    I have a Britax Marathon 70-G3 and love it so far. My son is a big boy but isn't really that long and I've heard that Britax in general aren't good for long babies (feet hit back of seat sooner). Other than that, I love the Marathon. It's well made, comfortable, easy to install and very user friendly as far as adjusting straps, etc. 

Its not really about their feet hitting the seat faster, because in general that is not a safety concern at all. It is more about the shell not being as tall as other less expensive seats on the market. There are seats out that that will last bigger babies longer. It really comes down to torso length/and weight. If your baby has a longer torso, then you will want a seat that that is taller, if not then it really shouldn't be an issue. 

The Britax seats should get "most" kids to 2, but if you plan on rear-facing longer than that, I would suggest going with something else. The Graco My Size 70, Headwise 70, and Size 4 Me 70 are the tallest rear-facing seats on the US market right now. They are essentially the same seat but the Headwise has added safety surround in the head rest portion and a slightly different infant insert. The Diono Radians and the Clek Foonf are also good choices for taller babies.

Otherwise, I would also look at the Safety 1st Guide 65, the True Fit (if your baby doesn't weight much, as the rear-facing weight limit is 35lbs), the Safety 1st Complete Air and the Graco MyRide.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We have the Boulevard and love it.  DH & I are both short and so is DD (she's 10th%), so I'm not concerned about the shorter shell.  DD screamed constantly in her infant seat but she seems very comfortable in the new seat.  It was easy to install and fits well in my Subaru Legacy.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbruington:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

imagekbruington:
    I have a Britax Marathon 70-G3 and love it so far. My son is a big boy but isn't really that long and I've heard that Britax in general aren't good for long babies (feet hit back of seat sooner). Other than that, I love the Marathon. It's well made, comfortable, easy to install and very user friendly as far as adjusting straps, etc. 

Its not really about their feet hitting the seat faster, because in general that is not a safety concern at all. It is more about the shell not being as tall as other less expensive seats on the market. There are seats out that that will last bigger babies longer. It really comes down to torso length/and weight. If your baby has a longer torso, then you will want a seat that that is taller, if not then it really shouldn't be an issue. 

The Britax seats should get "most" kids to 2, but if you plan on rear-facing longer than that, I would suggest going with something else. The Graco My Size 70, Headwise 70, and Size 4 Me 70 are the tallest rear-facing seats on the US market right now. They are essentially the same seat but the Headwise has added safety surround in the head rest portion and a slightly different infant insert. The Diono Radians and the Clek Foonf are also good choices for taller babies.

Otherwise, I would also look at the Safety 1st Guide 65, the True Fit (if your baby doesn't weight much, as the rear-facing weight limit is 35lbs), the Safety 1st Complete Air and the Graco MyRide.

Didn't mean that feet hitting the back of the seat was a safety concern but a lot of people complain that Britax seats don't work well for longer babies. Our car seat is pretty tall....the whole thing is HUGE!

She means it's the torso that's the concern. And most convertibles are huge.
  • I prefer the Boulevard because of the head wings, BUT I would recommend getting a Diono RXT.  DS grew out of the Boulevard's RFing limits around 3, but is still happily RFing in his Diono.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • We bought the Advocate are are very pleased with it.  We actually bought it for our DD but have since moved DS into it and bought her a Britax Frontier.  The Advocate has fit both kids very well and they are super different in shape.  DD was/is very tall and slender where DS is short and super broad and heavy. 

I think it was the side impact wings that I liked a lot.  They do make the seat fairly WIDE so keep that in mind.  We have a van so it didn't matter to us.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"