Pregnant after a Loss

XP: Today is a bad day

I woke up today, like every day, and went to work. I don't love my job, but I simply can't live without the clients I work with. They're mentally retarded/developmentally disabled adults. I have worked with this group over a year. I adore them all.

I got laid off today. Medicaid is making cuts, so she can't keep me on. So suddenly I'm pregnant and jobless. WTF! 

I've applied now for unemployment, and will look more into new places to work. Once I calm down. Pregnancy hormones do NOT make this any easier.
BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.

Re: XP: Today is a bad day

• = so sorry... I work in health care and yea, Medicaid sucks...
    Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Many thoughts and prayers that you are able to find something else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to find something very soon.

• I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to find something new soon.

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Oh no! I'm so sorry! Hopefully you find something soon!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope you find something you love soon!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Gosh I'm sorry!  That must be sad and terrifying all at the same time.

I feel fo rthe struggling economy down in the states (I'm in Canada).  We live quite close to the North Dakota border and we are down there all the time shopping.  I know us (and most of Western Canada) and North Dakota are booming right now with oil (That's the industry I work in-Environmental Consultant) but that there are large parts of the US that are still struggling.

Hope things turn around quickly for you!

PS: Did you try your doppler last night?  I'm debating on getting one as my Dr said he won't try the doppler until after 20 weeks (Wht?!?!  that freaks me out!!!)

• imagealgalphys:

Gosh I'm sorry!  That must be sad and terrifying all at the same time.

I feel fo rthe struggling economy down in the states (I'm in Canada).  We live quite close to the North Dakota border and we are down there all the time shopping.  I know us (and most of Western Canada) and North Dakota are booming right now with oil (That's the industry I work in-Environmental Consultant) but that there are large parts of the US that are still struggling.

Hope things turn around quickly for you!

PS: Did you try your doppler last night?  I'm debating on getting one as my Dr said he won't try the doppler until after 20 weeks (Wht?!?!  that freaks me out!!!)

I did try it, but haven't been able to find baby yet. I found the maternal artery and have read that baby usually is close to there. So I think I've got the right spot, it's just too early. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to find it.

BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • :::lurking:::

((((OCN)))) I'm so sorry! I hate this economy!! I was jobless when I got pregnant and it is very stressful. I'm glad that you have already applied for unemployment - are you on YH's insurance?

Good luck with everything, T&P! 

• imagejanissylves:

:::lurking:::

((((OCN)))) I'm so sorry! I hate this economy!! I was jobless when I got pregnant and it is very stressful. I'm glad that you have already applied for unemployment - are you on YH's insurance?

Good luck with everything, T&P! 

Yes, luckily, DH's job covers our insurance. What sucks is that I bring home most of our money. So we're going to be hurting. 

• ::hugs:: I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you can find something else soon.
  • I'm so sorry. FX that things work out for the best. 
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • I'm so sorry. How stressful! Fingers crossed that something better is over the horizon for you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So sorry!!! I will say a prayer that you find a job soon and that you and your DH are provided for during this time.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
    DS#1: 19 May 2003 DS#2: 21 Sept 2007 BFP#1: 13 Aug 12 M/C: 15 Sept 12 BFP#2: 27 Jan 13 EDD: 4 OCT It's A GIRL!!!
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry!  I hope unemployment will kick in quickly and until you can find something new.  (((hugs)))

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

• Im so sorry. I hope you find something else fulfilling soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. I'm glad your insurance is still covered, though. It sucks that you won't get to work with your clients anymore, though :(

• imagePetraStonegirl:
    I am so sorry! It really sucks to get laid off. I hope you find work to make you happy soon.Your comment about not being able to live without your clients makes me smile. I love that there are caring dedicated people out there who don't look at the mentally disabled and cringe.nbsp;Total aside, there is a theater up here that plays second run movies. Seating is set up with tables, and they bring your meals to you during the movie. It's a brew pub, but they are very kidfriendly when children's movies are playing, and no one ever complains about noisy kids during those movies. I was there with DH for our date night last week. There was a couple who brought their older son, who apparently was autistic and certainly had sensory processing issues. He was incredibly vocal throughout the movie, and it was so cool that not one person gave him the stink eye. The movie was in 3D WreckIt Ralph, so it was a big night for the young man.

That totally got me, that is so great. Now I am all teary eyed haha.

Sorry you lost your job, I hope you have luck finding something soon.

• I am so sorry! I hope you find something soon.
  • Today is a bad day, hope it gets better!
  • I'm so sorry that you got laid off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"