June 2013 Moms

Mat leave dilemma.... (Sorry long)

Some back story first. I would love to not work for my company, there are good and bad aspects but I am bored and not challenged.

now, I spoke to my boss today on my maternity leave. We had spoken briefly before, he wanted me to move to the East Coast and I advised that I could not. I thought then I would be made redundant and that was OK with me.

He previously suggested that I work part time when I get back and he would hire a new me on the east coast, again, not a bad solution for me too. I earn a very good salary so PT salary would still be good.

Now today. He suggests that as I will be without pay from the day I start mat leave that he is willing to pay me from that day PT salary. I confirmed that I could not guarantee that I will be available during mat leave for ANY work or contact and he was fine with that, he just did it want to leave me in the lurch without pay.

Part of me thinks that he was being sincere and just a nice offer. The bigger part of me is questioning this wondering what have I missed and what am I giving up here and will get scr.ewed over.

Once I go PT I will lose benefits as less than 40 hours (company policy) and he would have to pay that if I was just to go out n mat leave. Is this just a way to get around this?

So what am I missing here ladies. To help I am in CA and a VP for my company. I just feel the other shoe will drop.

What do you think?? 

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

Re: Mat leave dilemma.... (Sorry long)

• I would guess the benefits for the company are that they don't have to pay your benefits while out on leave or maybe your boss wants to semi guilt you into working a bit from home. If it's a large company I'm sure they are doing what is in their favor and not just being nice. Run the numbers on your insurances, 401k contribution, and whatever else they may be avoiding paying and see if you are better off with PT pay.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Do you not have short term disability with your benefits? That should cover 6 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • I get that in CA but if paid I would not qualify

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"