Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When did you stop using RnP

I know there have been other posts on this but I'm looking for fresh opinions. DS has been sleeping in the RnP since birth but now that she's almost 3 months, we're thinking of transitioning her to her crib. My questions is - when did you stop using the RnP as the night-time sleeper for your LO? Also, did you strap them in? If so, did you always do so or just once they got bigger? Bad mommy alert but so far we haven't had her strapped in (mostly b/c she sleeps in sleep sacks and it doesn't work to put the strap around the bag) but I feel like she's too strong now to not be strapped in. On the other side, if she should be transitioning out of it I will just do that. The other catch to the story is that LO's room does not have heat (yay for hundred-plus year old homes!) so if we do transition her now we will have to run a space heater to warm the room (it's still pretty darn cold here). Oh, and I know about the recall but I wash her RnP liner regularly so I'm not concerned about it ;) TIA for any comments!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: When did you stop using RnP

• Options

I was wondering about this too. My son is only 2 weeks so I think we have some time. This is probably bad but we don't strap him in either and for the same reason as you. He sleeps in a SwaddleMe so it would be impossible to strap him in.

I was thinking about moving him over to his crib around 6 weeks or so. 

Sorry I have no answers! I'm interested to see what other people have to say. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm interested in hearing what others have to say. My son is only 5 weeks but he's huge- almost 12 pounds as of yesterday so I'm wondering how much longer he'll be comfortable in there. He's a noisy sleeper but I'm EBF so i like having him in the room with me. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dont strap my guy in either for the same reasons, oops! I read that once they start to roll over they should move out of the RnP, not sure if thats true or not. My ds is 8 weeks and I think we will keep him in there until 12 weeks and then transition him to the crib. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We weaned DS off the RnP at 1 month.  Starting from day 1, we would put him in the RnP at night, but after the first MOTN feed when he's sleepy, we move him over to the crib.  (His crib is in our bedroom as well.)  Some nights when he is super fussy we leave him in the RnP all night.  After 4 weeks, we started putting him in the crib from the get-go, and we haven't had any issues.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We swaddle out LO but I don't tuck her feet in. I just swaddle around her torso and arms. This way, I can still strap her in. I use a miracle blanket.
    ~~Kelly~~ Mommy to Aiden 6/2007 and Lilah 2/2010 www.kellybeans.wordpress.com BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"