Multiples

weird looks..

So I'm pretty close to the end now.  Every time I go out in public I am getting weird looks or people just keep looking at me like "whoa".  I'm getting all sorts of comments and some sympathetic looks.  I think I'm ready to feel normal again.

Anybody else having this happen to them?  Have you punched anybody?  haha.. I feel like I want to sometimes.. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: weird looks..

• I've been getting a lot of that also. A lot of people have been saying "it has to be twins". I just smile and say yes.. but I really wish some people would think more before they speak...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm still only 28 weeks -- and this week, the number of comments from other people has really started to get to me.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to keep going to work, because people ask questions & make comments all throughout the day... One of these days, I'm afraid I'll snap.  So, no, I haven't punched anyone yet -- but it sure seems like it could happen!  ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I got all kinds of crazy comments when I was pregnant- I was all belly and  although it was great for me in some ways, people can't seem to shut their mouths- I was VERY aware how pregnant I was and their comments made me feel like I was some kind of freak. People are stupid and the comments unfortunately will keep on coming- just wait till you have your little ones- I have had some insane comments- for some reason everyone is fascinated with twins and everything about them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not showing enough yet, but I fully plan on messing with anyone who has the cajones to comment on how 'big' I am. If a stranger touches my belly and asks when I'm due, I will look at them weird and say "Due for what?"
  • I didn't get too many of those...more like a lot of "any day now huh?" comments when I still had a couple months to go. Sometimes I'd mention they were twins and other times I'd just say "yep" if I didn't want to engage in conversation. Sometimes it was a perk though bc as well as the stares I'd also get smiles from random strangers and sometimes ppl let me cut in line in front of them.....either they were being nice.or thought I was going into labor any minute so I needed to go first lol.

I always wished I could be the kind of person w/ a snarky comeback for those sorts of situations....might be a good idea to write some down now for later reference heheh.
  • imagemarchesa28:
    I didn't get too many of those...more like a lot of "any day now huh?" comments when I still had a couple months to go. Sometimes I'd mention they were twins and other times I'd just say "yep" if I didn't want to engage in conversation. Sometimes it was a perk though bc as well as the stares I'd also get smiles from random strangers and sometimes ppl let me cut in line in front of them.....either they were being nice.or thought I was going into labor any minute so I needed to go first lol. I always wished I could be the kind of person w/ a snarky comeback for those sorts of situations....might be a good idea to write some down now for later reference heheh.

I got those too, but it didn't bother me.  And if I was with my older 2 boys, I would get some wide-eyed looks.

This weekend we went shopping with all 4 kids.  Now we get the question, "Are they all yours?"  I smile or laugh about it and say yes.  DH thinks we lost about an hour of just answering questions.  I just think people don't know what to say.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've actually become very self-conscious about going out in public because so many people stare openly and comment on my belly. I was walking into the grocery store last week and a lady gasped and asked me if I should even be out of the house since I looked like I was about to deliver. Ugh. I watched another person's mouth drop open the other day when I walked past. You'd think they'd never seen a mega-pregnant lady. I seem to have become a topic of conversation everywhere I go, and people don't seem to have any tact. I'm just tired of the comments about my pregnant body!

We need a maternity shirt that says "don't stare"!

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• I get the "when are you due" question, and then the shocked look when I tell them how much longer I have. Sometimes I explain that it's twins, sometimes I just let it ride. LOL
    ~April~
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"