November 2012 Moms

DH having trouble with DS at night...

DH is great with DS. He really, really is. But why is it when DS is having trouble going to sleep and I ask DH to take over rocking and shushing for a while, DS goes from a sleepy little angel to nonstop screaming his head off? This only happens at bedtime. DH stays at home with DS during the day and they never have this trouble.

I feel bad for DH because I know he's frustrated. I'm frustrated, too, because I can never get any real help at night. If DS decides he wants to take an hour or two getting back to sleep at night and I ask DH to take over so I can get some sleep before I have to get up at 6 to go to work, I can't sleep anyway because of the crying. Sigh. I'm so tired.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH having trouble with DS at night...

• Same! I left dh home with R last night. All he had to do was feed her and put her to bed, which she does like clockwork these days. I come back from the gym, she is peacefully asleep... but dh is shell shocked. She screamed her head off for an hour and a half, then finally conked out.

I laughed that she was such a monster for him while I was off swimming and relaxing in the hot tub... but, yeah! Why do they do it? Are they keenly aware of dad's lack of boobies or what?

I hope it settles down for you so that you can get some sleep! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiggywan:
    Are they keenly aware of dad's lack of boobies or what?

I definitely think that's it! :P  At least that's what my DH suggests when he's unable to console him at night - and then when I hold DS, he magically falls asleep within five minutes ~ hope things get better for you soon! 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Loading the player...
  • Must be a phase....my LO started to do this too. My DH's feelings are hurt, but I just need him to get over it. I am hoping LO makes this a quick phase as I really need DH's help! Hope it gets better for you soon!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"