April 2013 Moms

Glucose TT - crashing normal?

So I finished my 3 hour glucose tolerance test and now have to wait for results. I know my fasting was 82 but have no idea for the rest. I'm a little concerned though as during the first hour I was nauseated and at the end of the test I crashed (shaky, light headed, and sweaty). Is this normal? Or indicative of something more?

Re: Glucose TT - crashing normal?

• Probably low blood sugar.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• The nurse that drew my blood for the 3 hr test asked me at the 1 hr draw how I felt and when I told her crummy, she said that is normal due to the high amount of glucose in the body.

You also have to figure that you fasted for however long so you have no actual nutrients in your body, just glucose and maybe water, there's really nothing keeping you from getting shaky and weak.

I felt fine after my test, other than hungry, but I failed the 2 & 3 hr so maybe it means you're normal and passed.

Good Luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • At the end of my three hour test I felt the same way as you.  By the time I got to my car I was sweating and shaky.  I couldn't get the wrapper of the granola bar opened quick enough.  I ate it quickly and ended up stopping for a small pop while waiting for my DH to meet me for lunch.

My results showed I dropped 100 points between hour two and three.  However I ended up failing the test in hour 1 and 2.  Good luck! 

• During the first hour I was hovering over the trash bin in the waiting room because I was sure that orange drink was going to come up..during hour two I couldn't keep my eyes open and ended up falling asleep and was woken up by the nurse when it was time to take my blood. I passed both tests.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker image
  • So it seems the crash means I should expect bad news...
  • No, I don't think that's what it means. If you crash, that's because your blood sugar is going DOWN. For what it's worth, I felt nauseous and shaky after my 1-hour and I killed it (85, passing is anything below 140).
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • All I know is that it was horrible. I almost didn't make it home I felt so bad. 
  • I felt awful after my 1hr. Very tired, nauseous, and a little shaky. But I passed just fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"