May 2013 Moms
Options

hospital tours

Hi ladies I was just wondering when is the best time to take hospital tours there are two great hospitals nearby and i just want to make sure we are getting the best for myself and little one.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker mybb image BabyName Ticker

Re: hospital tours

• Options
    ASAP?  I was going to call my hospital today to schedule one, but then found out they include a tour with a 6 week class series (I'm a FTM)...so DH and I will be doing that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you haven't decided which hospital you are using, I would do it now.  We know which one we are using and scheduled the tour for March 24.  EDD 5/19.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies
  • Options
    If they have you pre-register youll want to look into it now a lot of the bigger hospitals have assigned days and book up quickly. The hospital I will be delivering at will requier us to pre register and tour the baby being due early may they scheduled us to come feb 26th. You get a personal tour so its an appt. that you make with L&D
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm jealous,  does your doctor deliver out of more then one hospital?  My doctor only delivers out of one so I don't really have a choice.  The hospital is a Level 3 NICU which I believe is good.   Should I be concerned??? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm delivering at a really big hospital and had to book my hospital tour 2 months out because that was when the 1st availability was. I'd schedule it ASAP.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagestephzrn:
    I'm jealous,  does your doctor deliver out of more then one hospital?  My doctor only delivers out of one so I don't really have a choice.  The hospital is a Level 3 NICU which I believe is good.   Should I be concerned??? 

No thats a good place to be a lvl3 NICU means they can accomodate a lot of scary things with out even batting an eye :)

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLadyDelilah:

imagestephzrn:

No thats a good place to be a lvl3 NICU means they can accomodate a lot of scary things with out even batting an eye :)

Oh, Thank you!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My OB gave me the information on hospital tours at my last (26 wk) appointment. Here they only do tours on Sunday, and I think you need to schedule in advance. I'd call the hospital and ask what their policies are.
  • Options

imagestephzrn:

yes my doctor delivers out of two hospitals so i want to take a look at both of them. no its actually good that there is a good nicu at your hospital because if not then if something happens baby has to be transferred to another hospital. 

• Options
    I'd say call them ASAP and figure out the times and dates.... We had our hospital tour about 2ish month ago and did our preregistration a few weeks ago, at our hospital, preregistration is due 90days before your EDD.... And from what I've heard preregistration is worth it, specially when you are in labor and you don't have to stand at the reception desk signing papers... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"