Multiples
Options

Just Curious

Hi there!  I'm only 7 weeks, and don't know if there's one or more in there, but I have some questions to those mama's who are having/had twins.  Here is my situation:  It's mostlikely bloat (even tough I don't feel bloated), but I feel like I look 3 months pregnant.  My mom is a fraternal twin, and so I know that there's a chance that I could've inherited the hyperovulation gene.  I just feel like there's 2 in there.  I'm super sick and extremely tired with this pregnancy.  I didn't have either of that with my 1st 2 pregnancies (both girls).  So, in my mind, it's either a boy or it's twins.  My grandma was super sick and tired with her twins, too.  I was hoping to hear some of your stories about feelings you had , symptoms, etc.  I'd really appreciate some insight here.  Thanks all!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Just Curious

• Options
    I would have guessed that I would be super sick too since we are expecting twins but I have not been sick at all.  I was not sick with my singleton pregnancy though either.  Other women might have a different experience but I'm not sure you can base it on either of those symptoms.  Obviously you will be very tired sooner with twins than with a singleton but I'm not sure you would be more tired early on.  GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I found out I was having twins at 6.5 weeks.  I never had m/s with either of my boys but was super tired with both of those pregnancies.  This time around I felt like I had a 10 day hangover sometime between 8-10 weeks, and was really tired again, but not any worse than I was with the boys.  There's really no way to know until you have an u/s but either way congrats on your pregnancy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only way to know is an ultrasound.  I've known women pregnant with one who had to be hospitalized because they were so sick and women pregnant with twins who never had a moment of nausea.  There's really know way to tell from symptoms alone.  But with your family history you might be able to get yourself an early ultrasound just to check!
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For me I was way sicker and a lot more tired during the first tri this time around (with twins) than I was with DS. But every pregnancy is different so I a not sure if it was the twins or just a different pregnancy. I knew pretty early that there was a possibility of twins since we transferred two embryos, but i knew for sure at my first u/s at 6 weeks. The only way for you to know for sure is an u/s. Good luck!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

I think I had queasiness for a few hours a day or two during 1st tri, that was it. I didn't come close to throwing up. I didn't throw up until I was 31w or so and that was usually if I overate (because there was no room left in my stomach).

You're probably just showing earlier since this isn't your first PG. Morning sickness isn't a reliable indicator of twins (or more) or not.

Whatever you're having, I hope you have a H&H 9 months!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy. As far as sickness goes, I was more sick with my singleton than I was with the twins, I was however, very sick with both pregnancies. I was way more tired with the twins but it could be because I couldn't nap. I was chasing around a toddler while sick and tired! GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks for your stories everyone.  I really appreciate it.  I know I won't be able to know for sure unitl the u/s, but I'll keep you posted

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"