August 2012 Moms
Options

Does your FF baby hold their own bottle?

DS2 has no interest. He'd rather snuggle and let me hold it.
Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your FF baby hold their own bottle?

• Options
    Micah holds his bottle 70% of the time.  I agree sometimes he would rather snuggle than hold a bottle Big Smile
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    DS isn't FF, but he does get bottles of pumped milk at daycare, before bed, and one DH's nights to get up with him for his MOTN feeding.  He likes to hold the bottle, and had figured out how to partially grab it and take it to his mouth.  It's adorable seeing that chubby little hand trying to get the bottle to his mouth!  He kind of opens up wide, and shakes his head back and forth a little.  He does it with the Nuk too!  It's adorable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Landen sometimes acts like he wants to hold his own bottle, but he just likes to have something in his hands to keep him occupied while eating. I usually try to give him his burp cloth or taggie blanket to hold, otherwise he gets distracted and thrashes around.

• Options
    When she is really hungry she will reach for it and shove it in her mouth. She will hold it for a little bit but usually its too heavy and falls. Other times she has no interest at all.
  • Options
    DS isn't FF, but he gets all BM in a bottle. He holds his own about 99 percent of the time and has been for about a month now.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Yep! Kid still won't roll but he was doing this at 4.5 months...
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options
    He can but would rather me hold it! I don't mind the snuggle time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't know if he does at daycare, but we nurse at home.  My ODS didn't want to hold his bottle till like... 9 months.  Lazy bum!  lol!  I have a picture of him all teary-eyed because he had to hold his own bottle! 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Nope, but shes been not really using her left hand much yet. We're working on that and as shes getting more skilled with it I take both of her hands on the bottle and help her bring it to her mouth when shes in the high chair. she won't do it on her own yet but I think she's getting the idea. She tries with a pacifier now and shes getting close!
  • Options
    Amir isn't ff but he doesn't hold his. My daughter didn't hold hers till almost 8 months
  • Options
    DD holds her's probably 75% of the time. She has been for quite a while now.
  • Options
    He grabs it but will end up knocking it out of his mouth. I have handed him the bottle but ge couldn't figure out he needed to tip it up in order to get the milk to come out.

• Options
    DS isn't FF but on the rare occasion that he gets a bottle he will hold it on his own. He is used to holding my big ol boobies so I guess it's light to him :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine get mostly BM bottles with occasional formula bottles so I hope it's okay to respond. My son can hold on to a bottle as if his life depended on it. That kid has an insane grip! My daughter would much rather let you do the work. She's a bit of a diva and he is a food seeking monster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"