Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Tense Baby

My baby is extremely tense all of the time.  He often has his fists clenched, toes curled and his body feels tense and stiff and not relaxed.  Family and friends always comment on how stiff he is.  We often have feeding issues and major nap/sleep issues with him.  He is almost 5 months and he has always been like this.  We keep waiting for him to "outgrow" it.  He has seen several doctors and they have not found anything wrong.  I wish he would just relax. Does anyone else have a very tense baby with these issues?  Have you found anything that helped?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tense Baby

• My LO is like this as well especially during feeding and nap times.  I hate it!!!  I don't have any advice as I am curious as to what others have to say.  I do know that when there is too much going on in the house, she is like this.  I do hope she outgrows it as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • It is frustrating. From the time he was born he would never rest his head on my shoulder and snuggle like a normal baby. He is just tense all of the time. He is a tough baby! I can't wait for things to get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe try "baby massage" to some relaxing sounds/music close to bed time?
  • I am not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt, but have you considered hypertonia? It's basically tense muscles. I only ask because my oldest son has been diagnosed with hypotonia which is low muscle tone. 

Im not trying to scare you, but it might be something to keep your eye on as your LO develops.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"