August 2012 Moms
Options

NBR - Samsung Galaxy SIII users...

sfm:  NBR - Samsung Galaxy SIII users...

Does anyone have this phone?  My BB Torch is dying, so I'm getting a new phone tomorrow!  

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  TIA!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: NBR - Samsung Galaxy SIII users...

• Options
    My hubs loves it! He also has the tablet and it syncs just like the she products.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am thinking of getting this too or the iPhone 5 I still cant decide!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelady_tytah:
    My hubs loves it! He also has the tablet and it syncs just like the she products.

I have a Samsung laptop and LOVE it.  The customer service dept rocks, so I'm glad to hear your DH likes the phone!  

And BTW, I adore you and Amir in your new siggy pic <3 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

• Options

I have it and I love it.

The camera function is amazeballs for taking pictures of the baby. Instead of taking one picture and making you look at it before being able to take another, you can just keep taking pictures rapid-fire and look at them later. It's perfect for trying to capture things right.this.second

Get an Otterbox cover. Mine wasn't that hard to put on (despite reviews saying otherwise) and I've dropped my phone multiple times...or I should say, the baby has kicked my phone off the couch onto our hardwood floors multiple times...and this thing has nary a scratch on it.

• Options

imageashS10309:
    I am thinking of getting this too or the iPhone 5 I still cant decide!

This was me last night too.  I went up to Best Buy and found a very helpful sales associate.  She let me play with her Samsung G-SIII, her co-worker's HTC Windows phone, and the new iPhone 5.  Of all 3 phones, I was most drawn to the Samsung for it's ease of use.  The OS is the least different from my BB Torch, and she said they are having a two-day sale on them tomorrow and Saturday!  

If you have a Best Buy near you, it's a great place to learn/browse phones with no pressure to buy one right then Yes 

• Options
    imagebabyike:

imagelady_tytah:

I have a Samsung laptop and LOVE it. &nbsp;The customer service dept rocks, so I'm glad to hear your DH likes the phone! &nbsp;

And BTW, I adore you and Amir in your new siggy pic &lt;3&nbsp;

Thank you! It's definitely one my favorites
  • Options
    imagethepretzelchick:

I have it and I love it.

The camera function is amazeballs for taking pictures of the baby. Instead of taking one picture and making you look at it before being able to take another, you can just keep taking pictures rapid-fire and look at them later. It's perfect for trying to capture things right.this.second

Get an Otterbox cover. Mine wasn't that hard to put on (despite reviews saying otherwise) and I've dropped my phone multiple times...or I should say, the baby has kicked my phone off the couch onto our hardwood floors multiple times...and this thing has nary a scratch on it.

Wow, thanks for the rec!!  I am very happy to hear you like the camera, as that's a big selling point for me.  

The sales rep said there was a special water-proof Otterbox cover that she HIGHLY recommended since we have 3 LOs and 4 toilets haha.  Glad to know it has protected your phone so well! 

• Options
    Thanks lady! I will have to check it out. I have an iPhone now but DH has the old galaxy so we were thinking od both getting the new one so would could share things with a lil bump! Haha
  • Options

imageashS10309:
    Thanks lady! I will have to check it out. I have an iPhone now but DH has the old galaxy so we were thinking od both getting the new one so would could share things with a lil bump! Haha

DH and I were just talking about this last night Stick out tongue  He was all, "So I can bump you whenever I want?"  

• Options
    imagebabyike:

imageashS10309:

DH and I were just talking about
    this last night Stick out tongue &nbsp;He was all, "So I can bump you whenever I want?"
    &nbsp;

Haha love it!
  • Options

I love mine. And I usually have really bad phone issues.

As pp said, definitely get an otterbox. Between little miss grabby fingers and trying to maneuver strollers and such it's borderline embarassing how many times I've dropped it. Best 60$ investment I have.

Also, the camera is really good. Although sometimes the screen will show a certain brightness that makes the pic look good, but when it's snapped it comes out shades darker, not sure why, or blurry for no reason (probably user error).

Not really any complaints though!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    SO has it and he loves it.

I have the II and have had it since it came out. I've never had an issue with it, which is pretty amazing.

I actually bought SO his phone and got the Otterbox cover he has on sale for 15 bucks on Black Friday.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imagedanielle2583:

I love mine. And I usually have really bad phone issues.

As pp said, definitely get an otterbox. Between little miss grabby fingers and trying to maneuver strollers and such it's borderline embarassing how many times I've dropped it. Best 60$ investment I have.

Also, the camera is really good. Although sometimes the screen will show a certain brightness that makes the pic look good, but when it's snapped it comes out shades darker, not sure why, or blurry for no reason (probably user error).

Not really any complaints though!!

Great, thanks!  And to the bolded, you are so not alone LOL.  I'm seriously shocked my BB Torch has lasted two years...   

• Options

imagenobadwriting:
    I've had mine since the summer and absolutely love it! I am a firm believer in sticking with one thing though. What I mean by that is if you have a Windows pc and/or laptop and an android tablet, go for the gs3. If you have Apple products, get the iPhone because Apple is not compatible anything else. 

I agree Yes  I've always had Windows OS on my laptops, and so does DH.  That is the main reason I wasn't thrilled about the iPhone.  I'm just not an Apple kinda gal... 

• Options

imageanbeck4:
    SO has it and he loves it. I have the II and have had it since it came out. I've never had an issue with it, which is pretty amazing. I actually bought SO his phone and got the Otterbox cover he has on sale for 15 bucks on Black Friday.

I am hoping to get a good deal on Amazon if Best Buy doesn't have those on sale too tomorrow!  $15 is a STEAL on those things! 

• Options

imagesarzer121:
    Do it, its the cat's pajamas! You will really like it!

SQUEEEEEEEE Big Smile  Now I'm getting really excited! 

• Options
    I love mine! My mom and sis also have the phone and we are constantly "bumping" each other photos and videos! It's seriously amazing. I love my otterbox as well. I drop my phone a lot and it doesn't even have a scratch on it. That case has saved me SO many times. I bought mine from ebay for like $20 and it was completely legit. It even had the otterbox packaging. I think you will be very happy with the phone, I have no regrets!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"