June 2013 Moms

Bummed about my bedding...

I had this lovely bedding in mind, and asked my mom if she would make it for me like she did with my DS and she said no. So I asked my MIL who also said no. I don't know anyone else who sews and I'm not about to take up sewing for a couple of sheets and a crib skirt. Crying

Poor second baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bummed about my bedding...

• I'm sorry..that sucks!! 

You don't know anyone else that could make it for you? 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• . Poor baby. 

ETC: Wawa to awww lol 

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Loading the player...
  • imagesmpeachey:
    You might be able to find someone on etsy.com who will do a custom job for you. I don't know if cost will be an issue, or have any idea what people charge, but a lot of the sellers on there will do custom work.

I'll have to look into it but I definitely don't spend a lot on nursery bedding so I may just keep looking until I can find something else I like. 

For DS, my mom made him 2 sheets and a crib skirt for a total of $35.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageQueSyrah:

imagesmpeachey:
    You might be able to find someone on etsy.com who will do a custom job for you. I don't know if cost will be an issue, or have any idea what people charge, but a lot of the sellers on there will do custom work.

I'll have to look into it but I definitely don't spend a lot on nursery bedding so I may just keep looking until I can find something else I like. 

I was looking and it blew my mind how much $$$ these women were charging. 

That's so crappy :( why won't either of them do it?? Especially if your mom did it for DS... I would think she'd be so happy to make one for LO#2. 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• That really stinks. I was going to suggest Etsy too, but it is expensive. I am also bummed about bedding, but for me it's because I have expensive taste. I'm trying to find something that I love for cheaper, considering the ones that like start at $300 for a three piece set :/ 

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Aww that sucks! My grandma is a amazing seamstress. Unfortunately, I am mediocre at best. When my sister and cousin's had their first kids, she made a baby quilt for each. Then she "retired" from sewing. I was bummed my kids wouldn't get anything but I have plenty of stuff she made for me other the years. Well, a couple weeks ago we went to visit her and she was making a quilt for a neighbor's great-grand baby! A person she's never met!  I have to admit it stung a little. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageclizh:
    imageQueSyrah:

imagesmpeachey:

I was looking and it blew my mind how much $$$ these women were charging. 

That's so crappy :( why won't either of them do it?? Especially if your mom did it for DS... I would think she'd be so happy to make one for LO#2. 

Between fabric and time spent cutting/sewing their prices are usually pretty fair.  A couple of sheets and a skirt shouldn't be too bad though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Maybe try a local seamstress or alterations shop and see if they would like a side job.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"