Multiples

NMR coughing during naps and night time

My boys have been coughing  a lot during their naps and at night...they seem to go through phases where they do this and I can't for the life of me figure out why...they don't have any other symptoms, they haven't been sick recently enough that I would think it was from that...any thoughts?

Re: NMR coughing during naps and night time

• reflux?  i know a cough can be associated with reflux and when they are laying down it may be bothering them.  Post nasal drip?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Could they have allergies? Maybe you dusted or cleaned on those days?  Are they sensitive to candles?  My DS has post nasal drip related to allergies (and candles), and it only bothers him on occassion and when he lays down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Serious drool or post-nasal drip in my experience.  If it is post-nasal drip, a humidifier will help a lot.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• My twins were coughing around 10 mo old. After several dr appts they were diagnosed with reactive airway disease(RAD). We started nebulizer treatments then. Coughing wax their only symptom. Later they were officially dx with asthma. They are 7 now and still use inhalers. They did both have reflux and were on meds until 13.5 mo and 15.5 mo old.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Thanks ladies...I just have a feeling they are going to have asthma....anytime they get sick they always ended up wheezy sounding....my husband and I both had asthma as children so who knows.....Their noses don't seem to be runny, no strong scents, candles or excess dust floating around......I have mentioned it to dr a few times but he hasn't really done anything about it....may just have to press the issue a bit more to get some answers! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"