April 2013 Moms

Another gross foot thread. :-)

I just left work and came home to WFH for the rest of the day because my feet and ankles are so swollen that they are sore -- and I wanted to be barefoot and put my legs up. 

They have been a little bit swollen off and on for the past few weeks, but this feels like it came on overnight... I am hyper paranoid about Pre-E because my SIL had it.  I had a mild headache yesterday, but it was gone this morning when I woke up.  I feel like I might have a little blurriness, but I also might be imagining it. 

I have a routine bi-weekly docs appt at 9 AM so I will talk to her then.  In the meantime, my frankenfeet look NOTHING like my feet!  They almost look deformed, or like I've sprained an ankle or something.  REALLY gross.  Ick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Another gross foot thread. :-)

• With my first pregnancy, MAN did my feet and legs get swollen.  It was unreal!

My legs/ankles/feet were literally the same thickness from calf to where my toes began.  And my poor little toes looked like miniature sausages.  Good thing it was summer because I could only wear flip-flops, and even those caused a deep indentation where the thong of the flip-flops sat on my foot.

I know exactly what you mean!

// I love you too. //

• My friends and family always comment that I have such teeny tiny little ankles and cute feet -- and I'm overweight!  So to have this just BAM out of nowhere, I feel like I'm looking down at a cartoon!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I normally have chubby Fred Flintstone feet but when swollen from pregnancy they are TERRIBLE!   It is crazy how big they can get.  I haven't started swelling too bad yet this time but w/ my first (it was summer) I had to go up an enter shoe size just to cram my stubby sausage toes into shoes.  Flip flops were a godsend!  

Take it easy and keep your feet up/ drink lots of water until that morning appt!!!  GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• I have this issue on the days that I don't wear socks... so far that's what has been keeping my swelling manageable. Last night I was swollen cause I took advantage of the warmer weather and wore flats to work.

Have you considered compression socks? Talk to your doc about them, I swell during flights like woah and when I flew during Christmas, I didn't have any swelling issues. They might work for you on a day to day basis.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm definitely having issues w/ swelling - my poor lower legs have near constant sock indentations.   I don't remember this stuff (along w/ the waddling, back pain, etc) happening until much farther along when I was pregnant w/ dd.  Must be that amnesia-thing ya'll were talking about in another thread....
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Count me in the gross foot club. These suckers could double as flotation devices.
  • imageJSS1002:

I just left work and came home to WFH for the rest of the day because my feet and ankles are so swollen that they are sore -- and I wanted to be barefoot and put my legs up. 

They have been a little bit swollen off and on for the past few weeks, but this feels like it came on overnight..
    . I am hyper paranoid about Pre-E because my SIL had it.  I had a mild headache yesterday, but it was gone this morning when I woke up.  I feel like I might have a little blurriness, but I also might be imagining it. 

I have a routine bi-weekly docs appt at 9 AM so I will talk to her then.  In the meantime, my frankenfeet look NOTHING like my feet!  They almost look deformed, or like I've sprained an ankle or something.  REALLY gross.  Ick.

Wait, did I write this? Seriously, mine came on overnight too!  Except it is only in my left ankle/foot. I've never experienced cankles (or cankle...I should say) before. I'm wondering if I can find some house slippers that I can pass off as real shoes....otherwise, if this keeps up, this is going to be a miserable 9-10 weeks. Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagejpierce1030:
    imageJSS1002:

They have been a little bit swollen off and on for the past few weeks, but this feels like it came on overnight..
    . I am hyper paranoid about Pre-E because my SIL had it.  I had a mild headache yesterday, but it was gone this morning when I woke up.  I feel like I might have a little blurriness, but I also might be imagining it. 

Wait, did I write this? Seriously, mine came on overnight too!  Except it is only in my left ankle/foot. I've never experienced cankles (or cankle...I should say) before. I'm wondering if I can find some house slippers that I can pass off as real shoes....otherwise, if this keeps up, this is going to be a miserable 9-10 weeks. Sad

I've been working / watching TV from the sofa with my feet up on 2 pillows, while drinking lots of water.  While they aren't totally back to normal, they are MUCH better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"