Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Talk to Us About How Your Body Has Changed!

We want to hear from new mom Bumpies about how your body has changed (physically and mentally) since welcoming your baby!- Do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body?
- Are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth?
- How does your post-baby body compare to your pre-baby body?
- Are you trying to shed the baby weight ASAP or letting it happen naturally?

The more specific you are with your answers, the better! We want to hear it all? Post here or email us at community@thebump.com.Thanks! Bump Liz
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk to Us About How Your Body Has Changed!

• Options

Overall I feel in awe that my body was capable of producing this perfect little baby. I had a natural delivery and immediately when she was handed to me I felt so empowered, like I could do anything. I honestly felt no pain from the final push until the next morning. 

I had a second degree tear, and took 2-3 weeks to get back to my usual activity level. Mentally it was hard to accept my new body. I had really bad stretch marks that only came in the last 4 weeks. They've faded somewhat, but cover me from side to side up past my belly button, and will likely always be visible. My stomach is a bit softer than prepregnancy, but was flat after about a week and a half. I'm breastfeeding, and the engorgment surprised me. Now with my supply established I'm still 3 cup sizes larger. I went from 32C prepregnancy to a 32F/G now.

I didn't do anything to lose weight except breastfeeding. Eating my normal diet and doing very little in housework I dropped nearly all the weight in 3 weeks. I gained 42lbs in the pregnancy and am currently 5lbs heavier than prepregnancy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am a stranger in my body, I look at my body and I feel unhappy. I miss the way my body looked before I started to showing my baby belly.

I am very amazed that my body was able to give birth to my beautiful and healthy baby girl. Giving birth was the most amazing thing I have ever done in my entire life.

I really don't have any weight to loss, because all the weight I had gained was all baby, I just really need to tighten up my stomach skin, it is so stretched out.

Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"