TTC After a Loss

~*~May Flowers Check-in~*~ (BFP Warning, not mine)

Good morning ladies! 

This is a check-in for anyone who had a loss or an EDD in May (of any year). I am so sorry for each one of your losses. I hope that this can be a place to give support and help each other through this difficult time. Everyone is welcome!

Members, please give us an update on how you are doing. New members, introduce yourself so that we can get to know you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2redtulips - EDD 5/30/2013

Alicialgb - EDD 5/28/2013

ashx3renee - EDD 5/16/2013

beccabby - Loss May 2001; EDD 5/24/2013

Buckeye608 - EDD 5/19/2013

Daynakako - EDD 5/12/2013

egsquared - EDD 5/10/2012 and 5/05/2013

Jennyilyse - EDD 5/15 

Justdolt - EDD 5/23/2010 and 5/11/2013

KatieintheCity - EDD 5/13/2013

km_md - EDD 5/02/2013

kryan108 - EDD 5/25/2013

lincoln79 - EDD 5/15/2013

Lindsayhilleary -  EDD 5/08/2013

lsuhoneybadger - EDD 5/18/2013

May2012baby - EDD 5/17/2012

mdharrison - EDD 5/18/2012 - Birth 5/30/2012

Poohbear033 - EDD 5/29/2012

samjen2010 - EDD 5/14/2013

Simpson04 - EDD 5/26/2013

TheatreStar86 - EDD 5/21/2012

Zapgirl44 - EDD 5/02/2013; EDD Unknown 

Gatorsgirl731 - Congratulations on your BFP! H&H9 to you! You are not to come back unless it is to share a crazy nightly confession or pictures of your cute animals!

ashx3renee - Have you started charting yet? If so, how is it going? Do you have a f/u appointment to see if you will be cleared to TTC again next cycke?

TheatreStar86 - I know you said you may not make it this week, but I'll ask anyway! How is the 2WW going? Have you resisted the urge to test? How was the visit with your mom?

KatieintheCity - I am so sorry about the BFN :( Your chart really looks good though. You aren't out until AF shows! How are you feeling today?

mdharrison - How are things lady? Are you feeling better now that AF has left? Do you have a plan for this cycle or are you still taking it day by day?

Lindsayhilleary - Were you able to confirm O? If so, how is your 2WW going? How did using OPK's go?

Lincoln79 - Tomorrow! How are you feeling today? Do you have any more hope? Everything crossed for you!

Jennyilyse - I'm sorry that you are here, but welcome to the check-in! How is the 2WW going? Did you manage to resist testing early?

Alicialgb - I'm going to apologize right now for not knowing anything about medicated cycles! But how are things going?

lsuhoneybadger - I'm sorry about your cycle being cancelled :( How do you feel about being "on your own"? What is going to happen in regards to the cysts?

Kryan108 - TTA is no fun :( Good job on the healthy eating and working out though! Anything else new that you want to share with us?

QOTW - What is/are your guilty pleasure(s)?

Inspiration of the week - 

And finally, big, squishy (((hugs))) to anyone who needs them! 

Re: ~*~May Flowers Check-in~*~ (BFP Warning, not mine)

• Not much is new for me. We are still waiting on some news about a job. DH wants to just keep ttc (I am realizing how much this has affected him) but I'm not so sure. The good thing about O'ing late is that I have a little extra time to get things straightened out! I am back to temping this cycle. It was kind of nice to not temp all of last month, but I just find myself wanting more information about what is going on with my body, so I'm going to continue temping. 

Guilty pleasures? My biggest one is probably bad TV - the housewives, teeny bopper movies, stuff like that.  

• Hi km!  Thank you so much for doing this check in!  How are you doing this week? Are you still thinking you might be off the bench next cycle?

ashx3renee - Have you started charting yet? If so, how is it going? Do you have a f/u appointment to see if you will be cleared to TTC again next cycke?

Yes I started charting, I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I didn't have a Basal Thermometer at first though, so I just started temping yesterday.  The only thing that I'm struggling with I think is categorizing my CM correctly.  

I don't have any f/u scheduled, my doctor just told me after two cycles I can start TTC again! I verified on the phone with him when he prescribed me the Prometrium if getting AF from that would count as a cycle and he said it did!  So, I'm just going to keep charting to try to make sure I'm ovulating and back to "normal" and go from there! 

I have a serious obsession with cheese.  I love it in all forms and could (and do) eat it everyday.  String cheese, cheese cubes, cottage cheese, cream cheese, fried cheese, cheese dip, I could go on.  I love it all.  (Especially battered/breaded and fried, which is of course the least healthy of all the options) I cheat my diet for cheese on a regular basis.   

ETA:  Just saw your post about your TTC situation km.  I hope you get everything straightened out soon and you and YH can agree on when to TTC!  

9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • checking in!

on cd22 and feeling all kinds of crazy things going on! ithink my body is playing tricks on me but i keep feeling like im cramping and have sore boobs at times. im trying to hold out on testing and just wait to see when AF will show this cycle. last cycle was 38 days so wonder if this will be the same, longer or shorter!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nothing new. I hope all of you have a great weekend! Good luck to those of you who are in your 2ww.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • imageashx3renee:

Hi km!  Thank you so much for doing this check in!  How are you doing this week? Are you still thinking you might be off the bench next cycle?

Yes I started charting, I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I didn't have a Basal Thermometer at first though, so I just started temping yesterday.  The only thing that I'm struggling with I think is categorizing my CM correctly.  

I don't have any f/u scheduled, my doctor just told me after two cycles I can start TTC again! I verified on the phone with him when he prescribed me the Prometrium if getting AF from that would count as a cycle and he said it did!  So, I'm just going to keep charting to try to make sure I'm ovulating and back to "normal" and go from there! 

I have a serious obsession with cheese.  I love it in all forms and could (and do) eat it everyday.  String cheese, cheese cubes, cottage cheese, cream cheese, fried cheese, cheese dip, I could go on.  I love it all.  (Especially battered/breaded and fried, which is of course the least healthy of all the options) I cheat my diet for cheese on a regular basis.   

ETA:  Just saw your post about your TTC situation km.  I hope you get everything straightened out soon and you and YH can agree on when to TTC!  

I'm glad that you are getting into charting and temping. It is really helpful! CM takes a little while to get used to. I had to look up definitions quite a few times when I first started checking it, but after a while it becomes second nature. Well it is good that you only have one more cycle until you can TTC! Cheese is an excellent guilty pleasure, yum! 

• imagesimpson04:

checking in!

on cd22 and feeling all kinds of crazy things going on! ithink my body is playing tricks on me but i keep feeling like im cramping and have sore boobs at times. im trying to hold out on testing and just wait to see when AF will show this cycle. last cycle was 38 days so wonder if this will be the same, longer or shorter!

The end of a cycle really has a way of bringing on the crazy! And the first while after a loss things are so different that you get some extra crazy. For me, my cycles are now longer (about 40 days) but I've had a 40 day, a 39 day, a 38 day, a 37 day, and my boobs are also sore after O and until AF now too - that is a frustrating one! Have you been charting to confirm when you O? 

• imagelindsayhilleary:
    imagekm_md:

Lindsayhilleary - Were you able to confirm O? If so, how is your 2WW going? How did using OPK's go?

Haven't confirmed O yet, but about 15 minutes ago I got a +OPK! Yay! Looking forward to seeing those rising temps in the next few days. Bring on the 2WW :) 

My guilty pleasures are afternoon naps, a big bowl of steamed rice with butter, and too many TV shows (mostly dramas and sitcoms). Darn it, now I want rice.

I love the inspirational quote. Thank you for the check in! 

Yay for a positive OPK! Enjoy all of the BDing ;) Good luck with the 2WW! 

• imagekryan108:
    Nothing new. I hope all of you have a great weekend! Good luck to those of you who are in your 2ww.

I'm sorry that you have nothing new. Have a great weekend though! 

• I forgot to check-in last week.  Work's been crazy lately, I've been putting in over 50 hours in the last week or so, and I think it will continue. It's been a bit stressful.

I'm surprised about how relaxed I've been about TTC this cycle, all things considered. I think I'll start with OPKs this week as I'm unsure of when I might O.  

QOTW- Bad TV and a margarita. Although I guess what constitutes bad TV is relative!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekm_md:
    imagesimpson04:

checking in!

The end of a cycle really has a way of bringing on the crazy! And the first while after a loss things are so different that you get some extra crazy. For me, my cycles are now longer (about 40 days) but I've had a 40 day, a 39 day, a 38 day, a 37 day, and my boobs are also sore after O and until AF now too - that is a frustrating one! Have you been charting to confirm when you O? 

km_md no i havent tried charting yet. i feel right now it will stress me out more so im just watching my CM and signs from my body. really we arent even TTC right now but i guess if it happens it happens. i guess things are just up in the air and day to day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Km, I hope the perfect job opens up for you very soon!

As far as me, all is well. I think the cysts are supposed to resolve theirselves do we shall see. I have to admit, not worrying about shots, medicine and appointments is nice! Other than trying to figure out WTF is going on with my temps, this is a much less stressed cycle. :]

Eta, my guilty pleasure is desserts!
    BFP #1:  8/10/11 EDD: 4/9/12 Natural miscarriage @ 7 weeks: 8/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/31/12 EDD: 5/18/13 Chemical pregnancy: 9/4/12
    BFP #3:  5/17/13  EDD: 1/24/14 Loss at 5 weeks: 5/29/13

image  imageimage

Lots of testing, all clear with the exception of compound heterozygous for the MTHFR mutation. 

Cycle 1: Femara, trigger shot, Bravelle added due to slow response = BFN
    Cycle 2: Cancelled due to two cysts =(
    Cycle 3: Femara, Bravelle, trigger shot and IUI = BFP then loss #3
    Cycle 4: Femara, Follistim, trigger shot and IUI = BFP!  EDD: 6/7/14

PGAL/PAL welcome
  • Lets see... Just got AF on CD16 grrrrr! Its ok though as I just started a cleanse that cuts out gluten, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and animal products (that's the hardest for me!) and I'm looking forward to loosing the weight I gained from the mc before getting KU again and be on a super healthy diet. Hope my cycle is shorter this time around as last time I O'd on cd 29. 

Guilty pleasure: reality tv!!  

Xoxox 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Hi km! Thanks again for the check-in!!

Alicialgb - I'm going to apologize right now for not knowing anything about medicated cycles! But how are things going?

No worries! I'm done with my medicated cycle as of two hours ago!  I am officially on my 2ww with three follies and my best cycle so far, per the nurse at my REs office!  I'm lounging about on the couch today and watching my TV shows.  Keep your FX for us, we get to POS on Valentine's Day!

Edited in my guilty pleasure:  Coconut M&Ms---yummy!!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageBuckeye608:

I forgot to check-in last week.  Work's been crazy lately, I've been putting in over 50 hours in the last week or so, and I think it will continue. It's been a bit stressful.

I'm surprised about how relaxed I've been about TTC this cycle, all things considered. I think I'll start with OPKs this week as I'm unsure of when I might O.  

QOTW- Bad TV and a margarita. Although I guess what constitutes bad TV is relative!

Glad you were able to check-in this week! That sounds like a pretty stressful time at work, but maybe that is helping you to be relaxed while TTC, which is always nice. Good luck with the OPK's and confirming O! 

• imagesimpson04:
    imagekm_md:
    imagesimpson04:

checking in!

km_md no i havent tried charting yet. i feel right now it will stress me out more so im just watching my CM and signs from my body. really we arent even TTC right now but i guess if it happens it happens. i guess things are just up in the air and day to day!

If you are going to be stressed, sometimes it is good to not temp, and if you aren't actively ttc, it is probably better that way. But temping does give you a lot of information.  

• imagelsuhoneybadger:
    Km, I hope the perfect job opens up for you very soon! As far as me, all is well. I think the cysts are supposed to resolve theirselves do we shall see. I have to admit, not worrying about shots, medicine and appointments is nice! Other than trying to figure out WTF is going on with my temps, this is a much less stressed cycle. :] Eta, my guilty pleasure is desserts!

Thanks, lsu! I hope that the cysts resolve themselves without further issues for you. Not worrying is nice though! Big ((hugs)) 

• imagejennyilyse:

Lets see... Just got AF on CD16 grrrrr! Its ok though as I just started a cleanse that cuts out gluten, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and animal products (that's the hardest for me!) and I'm looking forward to loosing the weight I gained from the mc before getting KU again and be on a super healthy diet. Hope my cycle is shorter this time around as last time I O'd on cd 29. 

Guilty pleasure: reality tv!!  

Xoxox 

Are you charting? If you are not, I highly recommend it with cycles that are varying like that. It has really helped me to figure things out after my loss.

Good luck with the diet! That is a lot to cut out at once. I had to cut gluten and dairy a couple of years ago, and it was pretty hard, but I felt much better and lost a ton of weight.  

• imageAlicialgb:

Hi km! Thanks again for the check-in!!

No worries! I'm done with my medicated cycle as of two hours ago!  I am officially on my 2ww with three follies and my best cycle so far, per the nurse at my REs office!  I'm lounging about on the couch today and watching my TV shows.  Keep your FX for us, we get to POS on Valentine's Day!

Edited in my guilty pleasure:  Coconut M&Ms---yummy!!

Good luck in your 2WW! I hope that it isn't too stressful for you. Maybe you will get a wonderful valentine's day present! 

• imagemdharrison:

mdharrison - How are things lady? Are you feeling better now that AF has left? Do you have a plan for this cycle or are you still taking it day by day?

Holler.  Things are good.  We're just going to FTW, use PreSeed and I'm going to keep using OPKs even though I have a love/hate relationship with them.  I'm just hoping that with each cycle that passes, our odds are becoming more in our favour.  

FI is more interested in it this cycle, except I have no idea what my body is doing.  AF was done and then today I had some frank bloody spotting, so I have no idea.  We had sex the night before last, so it wouldn't be from that.  

QOTW:  Unfortunately, my guilty pleasure would be reality TV.  I'm not really someone to discriminate between shows, just a little of this and a little of that.   

Good luck this cycle, lady! I hope that the OPK's are nice to you. I'm glad that FI is taking an interest. I have no clue about the spotting though, I'm sorry!  

• Hi guys! New here! Had a loss on May 15 of 2012. Found out on Mother's Day I was expecting only to have lost it three days later. So sorry any of us have to be here, but looking forward to getting to know you all!
    TTC since June 2010 6/17/2011 9wks-ectopic pregnancy resulted in loss of right tube BFP #2 5/12/2012 M/C 5/15/2012 BFP #3 7/30/2012 M/C 8/16/2012 BFP #4 10/3/2012 M/C 10/15/2012 12/19/12 All RPL testing came back normal. Husband's testing is normal too. Back to the starting point TTC our rainbow baby! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • imagebubbilicousgirl:
    Hi guys! New here! Had a loss on May 15 of 2012. Found out on Mother's Day I was expecting only to have lost it three days later. So sorry any of us have to be here, but looking forward to getting to know you all!

I am so sorry for your losses, but welcome! I will add you to our list for next week. Check-ins get posted every Thursday. I hope that your stay is short.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"