July 2013 Moms
Options

NBR:Strep epidemic!

OMG. The clinic I work in has sent 9 people home TODAY with strep throat! 6 nurses, 2 in medical records, and the diabetic wellness lady. I'm afraid to breathe. I get that so easily. Ugh.

I got the swine flu 2 or 3 years ago from a patient. The mom brought in her 9 yr old and right about the time I was 2 inches from her face examining her the mother said "we were so lucky to get this appointment today. She was already out of school because she has swine flu." DAH!  I was terrified to experience it, but honestly it was a breeze for me.  But, then like 3 months later I got Strep. The strep was 1000 times WORSE! It always makes me so sick. Please no.

How long can a pregnant woman hold her breath?

Re: NBR:Strep epidemic!

• Options
    Oh good luck! I have the worst sore throat and have since Monday- it's just gotten worse. I finally had dh get me some cepacol and some throat drops but if its not better by tomorrow i'm going to the doc.  I hate feeling this way.  hope you are in the clear!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ugh...strep is going around the school I work for and I'm so scared of getting it! FX neither one of us gets sick.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Odd timing. I've had a bad cold over the last few days and started noticing some strep symptoms today. I suspect I have it.

Strep sucks, as does all illness in pregnancy, but try not to stress too much. Wash your hands and wear a mask at work. Other than that, there's little you can do about it. I hope you stay healthy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm like you... all someone has to do is SAY strep and I've got it!  I agree, for such a common illness, it's misery.  I hope you make out well and keep healthy!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Ugh, I had it all the time as a kid/teen. I had it last when DD was an infant, combined with scarlet fever. It was hell. Thankfully babies aren't very prone to it!
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"