October 2013 Moms

What a day.. PIP

I woke up feeling fine after last nights attack of strange, unexplained, sharp twinges. I felt two or three that lasted much longer than before after being up and about for two hours so I called my OB. At first they told me to go to the ER, which I refused to do since I had my DD today by myself plus my co-pay would be quadruple of what an office visit would be. Finally they found me an appointment and rushed me in.

The OB was wonderful. He got me right in and took me back to the u/s room. Their practice is currently upgrading their u/s machines so they asked if I could be their guinea pig, which I didn't mind at all. The u/s lasted almost 40 minutes since he was still learning the new system and had to go back to re-measure things a couple of times. He said my uterus lining looked nice and thick but he couldn't find a sack, which is not such a big deal because I'm so early.

Then, at the very, very end of the u/s (they were going back to find my right ovary, which for some reason is hard for every OB and u/s tech to find...) there it was. My baby.

Sorry it's such a cruddy picture.

I am relieved.

They did a blood draw and I have everything tightly crossed that it comes back in a normal range, and then I will go back Monday for the second draw. FTR: avoid blood draws on Thursdays because it is going to SUCK having to wait a whole weekend to go back. I haven't felt the twinge-pains since a little after my appt, and it is still undiagnosed, but seems to not effect the pregnancy.

I go back for what was supposed to be my first appt on the 11th and will receive another u/s.

Thanks for all the support ladies. PgAL can really suck sometimes. Please keep my little blip in your prayers so it keeps growing! 

Re: What a day.. PIP

• so so happy to see a little blip in there!!!  hopefully your results come back are good!

glad to hear the pains have subsided!  rest up!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats on a great u/s!
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

• Loading the player...
  • Woohoo, that's great news! Keep growing little blip
  • imageyesthisiskim0401:

PgAL can really suck sometimes.

This X a million.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck little blip!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry you had a stressful day, but that's AWESOME that you got to see your LO! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FX for you and your little blip! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What a cutie ;)

Congrats on seeing the LO! I'm sure you'll be fine. T&Ps for you.

How on earth did you get your DD to wait 40 minutes while you did the u/s?

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • imageRedZee:

How on earth did you get your DD to wait 40 minutes while you did the u/s?

It was he|| on earth. At first she was in her stroller. Then she wanted out so they had to stop the u/s so I could pick her up and put her on the "bed" beside me. Then she ripped off the thin paper lap-blanket exposing me to everyone. Lots of snacks and VERY helpful nurses/OB's! The one nurse would play the "this little piggie" game on her toes, or would just talk to her to keep her distracted. It was hard, but we made a great team! 

• Aw, I'm glad you were able to see your baby! FX that the blood draws are good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"